Google Apps integration: Moodle SSO AND Google Apps - how will my users interact with it?

Google Apps integration: Moodle SSO AND Google Apps - how will my users interact with it?

Scott McDaniel發表於
Number of replies: 5

We use Google Apps for Education and provision users via AD Sync already.  AD passwords are synced with SADA's Authmagic tool.  Users login to Google through Google.

I am interested in using Moodle SSO but have the following (likely rudimentary) question.

If I enable SSO for Google to Moodle, will Moodle be able tuse the accounts ALREADY provisioned in Google?  I see it can provision users directly itself but I do not want this.

Will my users be able to login to Moodle with their Google accounts AND still be able to login to Google directly?  Most of my users will be specifically Google users and a far small subset will use Moodle AND Google.

Help?

評比平均分數: -
In reply to Scott McDaniel

Re: Google Apps integration: Moodle SSO AND Google Apps - how will my users interact with it?

Rob Johnson發表於

I am pretty sure the answer is yes as long as the Moodle and Google usernames are the same.

In reply to Scott McDaniel

Re: Google Apps integration: Moodle SSO AND Google Apps - how will my users interact with it?

tyryko發表於

Scott - Did you figure out if this works? I am managing Moodle for a school with a very similar situation. About 1/8 of their students currently use Moodle but this year the school wants Google accounts for everyone. 

From what I can see if you setup the GoogleApps Integration for Moodle, it makes Moodle the "master" so to speak. So that any account I create in Moodle becomes a Google account (which is ok) but if I just create an account in Google its going to also create a Moodle account.

I would like for there to be SSO between the two and allow them to login to Moodle but if they have never used it before then create the account.

Sorry if hi Hijacked this post, just came upon it and wanted to know what you did.

Thanks in advance!

In reply to tyryko

Rob Johnson發表於

If a user is created in Moodle, a Google account is created.  This does not happen the other way around.

In reply to Rob Johnson

Shawn Pichoff發表於

So is there away to make Google apps for education the Master. So that the accounts generated in GAFE will work permit entry into school Moodle?