Countdown timer

Countdown timer

by juice masters -
Number of replies: 3

I am using Moodle 1.9 and have installed an activity lock to set the minimum time required for the course.  I would like to also have a countdown timer that shows hows much time or percentage of time is left before the activity lock lapses.  How can I do this?  Basically, I want something so that after a person enrolls, the timer shows the required time to complete the course (ie 60 minutes), as a person works through the course the timer would automatically countdown (ie 59 minutes, 58 minutes etc).  Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to juice masters

Re: Countdown timer

by Bernie Perry -

I don't know if this helps but I am doing something very similar using a SWF timer in SCORM activities in my course. I used iSpring to create them - it includes a simple function for embedding SWF files.

In reply to Bernie Perry

by juice masters -

Could you provide some more details about how you are accomplishing this?  I am stunned that this function has not been added to moodle.  This is somethign that many users want or need to have on thier site.  Regardless of how people view the time based learning, it is a necessity and should eb included as an option.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

In reply to juice masters

by Bernie Perry -

The timer in my course is something that the participants can use to time certain exercises. So I've got a feeling it won't meet your specific needs. But perhaps it could be adapted somehow.

You can view a very brief video in which I explain how to use the timer here: http://bernieperry.evplayer.com/timerdemo/