Google document submissions return 401 error after upgrade to 2.1.5+

Google document submissions return 401 error after upgrade to 2.1.5+

by Rob Johnson -
Number of replies: 3

After upgrading to the latest 2.1.5+, document submissions are broken from the Google docs repository.  An rtf file is submitted, but contains the following sceen shot when opened in Word.  Presentations and spreadsheets are not affected (I have made changes on the production site due to MDL-32223).  I have an older 2.1.3+ site on a different server that works fine.  It is on a subdomain and uses the same Gdocs accounts.  Has anyone else seen this?

I have tested using a fresh install of 2.1.5+ on the same server, and get the same error.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: Google document submissions return 401 error after upgrade to 2.1.5+

by Rob Johnson -

It seems I was mistaken when I said presentations and spreadsheets are not affected by this error.  It depends on when it was created.  Newly created items have the 401 error, but older items do not.  I wonder if Google has changed something on their end?

In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: Google document submissions return 401 error after upgrade to 2.1.5+

by Rob Johnson -

I have a test install of 2.2.2+ on my server, and the Google repository works as it should.  I would really appreciate if someone running 2.1.5 would verify the issue is not just with my site.

In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: Google document submissions return 401 error - solved :)

by Rob Johnson -

In case this happens to anyone else, I was able to fix it by deleting the google_authsub_sesskey for all of my users in mdl_user_preferences.  Users were asked by Google to grant access again, and the 401 error is gone.

Rob