Certificate for whole course

Certificate for whole course

by Louise H -
Number of replies: 4

Can you create a certificate to list the grades of all activities within that course? I know you can show the course overall grade/status, but would like to show a transcript of all the activities that make up the course.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Louise H

Re: Certificate for whole course

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Louise,

When nobody jumps in the answer is usually "not without a lot of coding work".

Essentially you want a pdf copy of their activity grades that looks official.    A student should be able to print a copy of their grades in the course, but it is not a pdf copy and is not automatic. 

I have created a second page that was generated by certificate module, in addition to a certificate.  This page was a cover letter that explained the course and what went into it to complete it.   However, it did not pull grades, basically explained the course in details.  Each course got its own custom page.  I got paid by the custom page smile  

Do not think this helps but may provide a work around.

Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Louise H -

Hi Chris,

Thank you for replying, much appreciated.

I think what you've described could be a good work around (I can't do any coding, let alone a lot of it!) wink I'll test having a generic customised file and set pre-requisites as the required activities. At least that way we know they have passed what they need to to allow them to access the certificate. It's a step in the right direction smile

Thanks again, have a happy Christmas!

Louise

In reply to Louise H

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

I am on the road and I think I still have a copy of the certiificate that added another page.  It has been 2 years smile  I can not remember if we added another file or if we told the pdf generator to create a second page and then formatted it, similar to the end of/mod/certificate/style/..../certificate.php. 

Do not remember putting that in MoodleDocs.   Chris