Required field problem

Required field problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi all,

Earlier today, moodle.org was unavailable for a short time whilst "upgrading" took place. We do not know which versions moodle.org was upgraded from and to, but we have now a symptom which I had already noticed on my local moodle 2.1 local test site when I upgraded, recently.

Whenever you post a new discussion or a reply on this site, when posting, you first get a

MessageRequired field

Required

warning, and you have to click the Post to forum button once more.

Please note that the problem is not restricted to forum postings, but to any module/activity/etc. using the HTML editor.

MDLSITE-1514

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Required field problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry, forgot to test in other browsers.

Problem happens with Firefox 6.0.2

No problem with MSIE 8 or Chrome 14.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Joseph,

Just testing (with Firefox 6.0.2 on Ubuntu) to see whether I have the same problem...

For interest, moodle.org is using Moodle 2.1.1+.

Edited to add: Hmm, not a problem for me.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Helen,

This happend to me this morning too, but I soon realised that I was too fast for Moodle and as I typed and about to submit my comment in the themes forum, the reply box reset itself and the text which I had written was wiped off the screen and then in the top corner I saw the "Message Required" warning!

I have just reproduced it to show you...

Message required

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Joseph Rézeau -

Thanks Mary, for confirming that I have not gone nuts...

This is a really weird thing, and it has happened to me before, but only in Firefox. Problem seems to have disappeared now anyway....

Joseph