Content gone after removal of groups

Content gone after removal of groups

by Susan Mangan -
Number of replies: 0

I have 2 quesions listed below - here is the background: (v.1.9.12)

Our instructor decided to change groups around for a new wiki  project however still wanted to retain the contents of the old groups' wiki projects and related history for grading purposes.

But to her surprise *POOF* - once the groups were changed the content was gone surprise

Obviously it looks like the links were lost when the groups were removed and this makes sense ... to me because I can understand the technical aspects.  But to a teacher I can see how this can be frustrating and a major bug in their eyes.  Unfortunately, not even recreating the group structure will suffice because the actual ID's in the database won't link up.

1. I wonder if this is bug worthy in terms of at least putting some controls on removing/changing groups that are linked to current content?

2. I am trying to reconstruct the wiki history by taking it right out of the database.  I'm not even sure if this is possible without code. I was able to generate a report of all the content revisions with names and dates but it seems too difficult to determine easily what has changed within each revision.  I wonder if anyone has tried this and if so is willing to share their expertise?  I am pretty well versed when it comes to the database but not with php coding sad

Average of ratings: -