A gem of a tool for English teachers: Marginalia forum web annotation tool for Moodle 1.9 and Moodle 2.0.

Re: A gem of a tool for English teachers: Marginalia forum web annotation tool for Moodle 1.9 and Moodle 2.0.

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 0

Frankie, not just useful for English, but for any online course.  It provides a way to give proper feedback with a little more speed than the returning of documents, with more elegance than the annotation tools in either word or PDF - or replies to posts in forums.  I've used this on the SCoPE forums.

I decided it was worth writing up so I created a Marginalia section in the docs.

I'm a traditionalist here.  If I need to work online, I like two panes: highlighting in a left text area, and comments linked in colour code in the right.  I dislike postits, silly small text sizes, tons of social media intrusions.  For simple feedback to a student/co-worker (and I'm not meaning huge networked learning contexts) this scenario suits me.

I guess what I want to focus on is the text in front of me.  Marginalia (even if it does not have the bells and whistles as you say) helps a lot.

-Derek