custom help tags

custom help tags

autor Rij Blr -
Počet odpovědí: 4

How can I use standard help framework () that pops up a small window with help messages and images to insert new help tags at various places such as-

1) inserted along with offline content

2) inserted with Quiz instructions

3) inserted with Quiz/Question Feedbacks

Do I need to create custom module to be able to add help tags. Any code snippet would be great help.

Thanks,
RJ

Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na Rij Blr

Re: custom help tags

autor Tim Hunt -
Obrázek: Core developers Obrázek: Documentation writers Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Peer reviewers Obrázek: Plugin developers

At the moment there is no way to use the help icon system in user-input content.

Probably, if you wanted to make that possible the way to do it would be a new text filter that took some appropriate input syntax (e.g. [helpicon|title goes here|content goes here] and converted it into a help icon.

Filters are one of the easiest sorts of plugin to create.

V odpovědi na Tim Hunt

autor Rij Blr -

How about inserting such help tags inside a module.

One of  the places I am trying to add such help  tags, is inside a custom course format.
Is there any reference document or code snippet that I can use to code that piece?

Thanks,
RJ

V odpovědi na Rij Blr

autor Tim Hunt -
Obrázek: Core developers Obrázek: Documentation writers Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Peer reviewers Obrázek: Plugin developers

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. In your own code:

In 1.9, the function is called print_help_icon, if I remember right. There is also print_heading_with_help.

In Moodle 2.0, it would be $OUTPUT->help_icon.

In either case, search for existing code to see how the function is used.