Changing the way Scorm courses are displayed

Changing the way Scorm courses are displayed

ved a d -
Antal besvarelser: 4

Hi everyone,

first of all, I am new to Moodle. I just created my own theme, everything is working so far.

Now I created my first test courses using iSpring Free to convert Powerpoint 2010 slides into SCORM packages. Again everything worked out great and I could import my Scorm course successfuly.

Now to my question: when I start the Scorm course, the package is loaded in a "light blue" box giving me the opportunity to open some skind of "table of contents" which is empty (see attached image).

I would like to ask if it is possible to change the way SCORM courses are display in Moodle (e.g. change the light blue border to something grey or better make it invisible). Moreover I would favour to remove this table of contents on the left side which is needless because it is empty, just takes space and could cause my users to be confused.

I tried to find posts focusing on the same topics but did not find anything comparable.

I am looking forward to receiving your feedback. Thanks in advanced.

Best regards

Duke

Bilag example_picture.jpg
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til a d

Re: Changing the way Scorm courses are displayed

ved Amy Groshek -
I svar til Amy Groshek

ved Andrea LaPlume -

Hi Amy,

I am having the same issue with my courses in Moodle. I am using Captivate 3 to capture the content and uploading the zip file to Moodle and the Contents section is appearing in the left side of my course.

From the Updating SCORM package page, I configured the following: (I have attached a screen shot of this as well)

- Display course structure on entry page: No

- Display course structure in player: Hidden

However, the course structure is still appearing in the left side of my course. Why is this the case?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! I have been researching this for days and can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you for your help!!

Bilag Moodle_CourseStructure.jpg
I svar til Andrea LaPlume

ved Melanie Scott -

I'm not positive about 2.0, but in 1.9, you also have to turn the Student skip content structure page to always as well.

Also, you may want to set it to open in a new window, then when they click the link it takes them to a page which says if the a new window did not open (...blah, blah...) screen but also opens a new window on top of it.  Down side of this is pop-up blockers MUST be turned off (at minimum for the site) otherwise the page doesn't open and it is pretty uncooperative.

You might also check your SCORM settings.  Captivate has a built in TOC which can either be set to open on the left or closed (open on skin click), I don't know iSpring Free (yet, just got it to experiment) but I suspect it has similar settings.

I svar til Andrea LaPlume

ved Sytske van Hasselt -

Hi Andrea,

I'm not really a very experienced Moodler (or SCORM-er). But I understand that at this moment the settings that you have indicate will 'collapse' the TOC-window, but will still keep it visible and clickable (as demonstrated in the image that Duke uploaded).

Our frontend developer has managed to hide it using CSS (i'm not quite sure which settings accomplished this, i can ask).

But today i stumbled upon this thread: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=166171, where they are disccusing exactly that. Apparently someone has made an adjustment to the relevant scripting files. I haven't tried out that solution, so i don't know how it works exactly.

Hope this helps.

groet, sytske