sumbission date is set after clicking upload of files

sumbission date is set after clicking upload of files

de Andreas Panagiotopoulos -
Número de respuestas: 3

I am using Moodle v.20.2+ and I noticed that when a student just clicks the button "Upload files" in module "Advanced uploading of files", then the system sets submission time before uploading of files.

And if a student chooses "Upload files" and then "cancel" (which means that he/she didn't submit anything) then the system shows that the student has submitted his/her assingment and the teacher is notified with an email.

And this is wrong, as the student has just click "Upload files" and the "cancel" - consequently he/she hasn't submit the assignment yet.

How can we overcome this problem??

Thanks a lot!

Andreas P.

Promedio de valoraciones: -
En respuesta a Andreas Panagiotopoulos

Re: sumbission date is set after clicking upload of files

de Michelle Leung -

Dear Andreas,

Here is a patch (MDL-26969) for your second problem.  It works for the "single file upload".  For the "multiple file upload", I haven't tested it yet as our programmers are busy with other stuff.  I hope they will upload the patch for me asap so that I can test it again.  Please let me know if you test it.  guiño

En respuesta a Michelle Leung

Re: sumbission date is set after clicking upload of files

Dear Michelle!

Thank you for your reply and for the suggested patch!

I applied to my moodle server and here are the results:

-- there is no entry (submission) when a students clicks "upload files" as before

-- there is no entry (submission) when a students clicks "upload files"and then clicks "cancel"

-- unfortunately, there is entry (submission) when a student clicks "upload files" and then clicks "save changes" without uploading any file.

The last one is a (small) problem as it is also the email that will be sent is such conditions.

"Save changes" button is still presented after appling the lasf patch from the above link (MDL-26969). Is there something that I am missing and don't work for me?

And one more question: Is there any way to print filenames of the files that a student uploads? I mean that I would like the names of the files that a students uploads to be shown in the email sent to the teacher. Is there any way to do this?

Thank you in advance once more!

Andreas

En respuesta a Andreas Panagiotopoulos

Απάντηση: Re: sumbission date is set after clicking upload of files

Dear Michelle!

I think that i found the solution.

In \lib\form\filemanager.js file, the if statements should be added after the first "if" has closed.

So, patch file should be like that:

if (this.filecount >= this.maxfiles && this.maxfiles!=-1) {
button_addfile.setStyle('display', 'none');

+    }
+        if(this.filecount == this.maxfiles) {
+          submit_button.disabled=false;   
+        }
+        else {
+        submit_button.disabled=true;
+        }

-  }

To be honest, I used the following and everything is working good. The assignment can't be saved before a file has been uploaded.

if (this.filecount >= this.maxfiles && this.maxfiles!=-1) {
button_addfile.setStyle('display', 'none');
}
//EDIT Andreas
if(this.filecount == 0) {
submit_button.disabled=true;
}
else {
submit_button.disabled=false;
}