Cafelite Moodle 2.0

Cafelite Moodle 2.0

ដោយ William Ratto នៅ
ចំនួនតប៖ 13

Hi Mary,

Frontpage works great 3 columns, no problems. Tested in IE8, Firefox 3.6x, Chrome 8.0.552.237. And the theme is the one you sent me for 2.0.

OK the first thing I need help with is the course pages. When I create or go into a already created course page it only shows 2 columns the center page and the right hand blocks, any blocks like navigation on anything on the left does not show up.

I made sure by loading formal white theme to see if the blocks show up and they do.

Also the custom menu in theme settings dosen't work, it doesn't show up anywhere.

If your reworking the theme then I will hold off playing with it until you have another version ready.

Still it is a great theme....

Let me know, if I can help in anyway.

William

មធ្យមភាគនៃរង្វាយតម្លៃ: -
ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ William Ratto

Re: Cafelite Moodle 2.0

ដោយ Mary Evans នៅ

Hi William,

I'm working on a menu for this theme, similar to the 1.9 version of Cafélite, but based on the Custom menu idea. Is that OK? Do you want the Language option in the menu or in the corner (top right) of the header? Also do you want the date on the right or the left of the menu?

I'm finding it a bit of a challenge as this them is not based on the normal layout for Moodle Themes, but since this is OK I am on my own with it so I am practically learning as I go.

In an earlier discussion thread ...http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=153869 ... Joseph tested the theme for me and was very complimentary about it, but there were areas where it did not work correctly. One of the places was in the Lesson page. The layout was all wrong, but this was last year before the release of Moodle 2.0 and since I am designing this in Moodle 2.0.1 it seems to be working differently. I need to restyle the docking module, which is easy enough as I have code already written for that, I just need to change the colors.

As for your Course layout page. I'm just testing this on my PC and find that the course page have the navigation block and settings block on the page but depending on what you have in your side blocks I found mine by scrolling way down the page. Try that and tell me if they are still missing in your version?

I'll let you know how I get on with the menu after you tell me how you want it to look.

Thanks for testing this theme for me.

You are a star!

Mary

ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Mary Evans

ដោយ William Ratto នៅ

Great,

let's rock & roll.

Can we start with the header/menu area. This is the cafelite-wr theme you did for me befor login: The menu bar is great this.

This is after login:

See the way you did the date and the options for adding menu links, perfect it makes the non developers like the users out there have options to add many variables to their site

without programming skills. Also in this section I would like to know where one would add additional keywords and meta tags like robot search text, etc.

On my cafelite 2.0 any thing to do with course only returns 2 column, we will get to that as we go. Now I'm testing out the lesson and quiz areas.

No language bar in the header, in fact for me no language bar is necessary.

William

ដោយ Mary Evans នៅ

I have only just seen this William. Must have slipped down the page and I didn't see it until now.

Regarding the 2 column course page. This can be changes to 3 cols if you look inside config.php for the theme and scroll down the page to the part where layout settings for course is mentioned...you will see I set it using only side-post...like so...

// Main course page
'course' => array(
'theme' => 'cafelite',
'file' => 'general.php',

'regions' => array('side-post'),

change this to read...

'regions' => array('side-pre','side-post'),

also if you want 'side-pre' as default
change this next line to reflect that too

'defaultregion' => 'side-post',

also you might like to make next line 'false' but this is up to you
'options' => array('langmenu'=>true),
),

I'll email you the changes re the menu etc...

Rock on!

M

ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Mary Evans

ដោយ William Ratto នៅ

OK M

I fixed the config.php and that solved the 3 column problem looks great now.

I went into quiz and then clicked on quiz attempt and this is what I got.

Can not find layout file for: report

• line 1129 of /lib/outputlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 603 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to theme_config->layout_file()
  • line 32 of /mod/quiz/report/default.php: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line 159 of /mod/quiz/report/overview/report.php: call to quiz_default_report->print_header_and_tabs()
  • line 90 of /mod/quiz/report.php: call to quiz_overview_report->display()

What do ya think.

William

ដោយ Mary Evans នៅ

Oh yes the Report layout! I forgot to add that...but can get round it by adding this to config again...this time where the maintnance is mentioned towards the bottom of the config.php...from this point on...add the parts which I have added her in red...

'maintenance' => array(
'theme'=> 'base',
'file' => 'general.php',
'regions' => array(),
'options' => array('noblocks'=>true, 'nofooter'=>true, 'nonavbar'=>true, 'nocustommenu'=>true),
),
// The pagelayout used for reports
'report' => array(
'theme'=> 'base',
'file' => 'report.php',
'regions' => array('side-pre'),
'defaultregion' => 'side-pre',
),
);

I hope this fixes it?

Mary

ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Mary Evans

ដោយ William Ratto នៅ

Hi Mary

Thought I'd give you an update. So far I have gone through most of the areas and it is performing like a champion.

I think what I like is the speed for some reason it loads very fast.

I think you should consider putting out there, I think it's ready ញញឹម

William

ដោយ Mary Evans នៅ

It is fast isn't it. I think it's the layout, as it is set up completely differently than base theme.

Thanks so much for testing Cafelite,  William, and also the encouragement you give me, it is very much appreciated.

Mary

ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Mary Evans

ដោយ Richard Oelmann នៅ
រូបភាព Core developers រូបភាព Particularly helpful Moodlers រូបភាព Plugin developers រូបភាព Testers

Hi Mary,

Any chance I could get a look at the new cafelite to playwith too ? I'd love to take a look at the way you've set up layout

Rich

ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Richard Oelmann

ដោយ William Ratto នៅ

Hi M,

I am finding that the custommenu does not show up on the frontpage after login. It does show up on other pages through ញញឹម

William

ដោយ Mary Evans នៅ

LOL...I found that out too last night when I was adding a settings page for that menu!I got the code wrong way round!!!

I got it working as it should be now though.

One thing before I send it to you for testing, do you want 'Home' link as Text or the 'Little White House' icon in the menu?

I've got it with the icon at the moment, but if you think just text is better...let me know.

Thanks.

ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Mary Evans

ដោយ William Ratto នៅ

Hi M,

I think the little icon "white house" adds a touch of class, I like the way it looks.

It should be the First icon on the left like you did in the cafelite you did.

I can't wait លៀនអណ្ដាត to take it for a test drive!!!!!!!!! I love this. You go girl ញញឹម

BTW I hope you make your settings.php as extensive as you can, the more

variables in the settings page the better.

William

ដោយ Mary Evans នៅ

OK it's in the post!

ឆ្លើយតបទៅកាន់ Mary Evans

ដោយ William Ratto នៅ

Hi Mary,

I just wanted to give you an update on cafelite-wr 1.9x. I have put this as a production theme on one of my sites. I have tested it extensively and so far it is a great piece of work, and what I like most is its speed, and it is a great looking theme.

My feelings are that you should release cafelite-wr into the general theme database, the people are going to love the menu you did for me. I feel it's one of the best out there and there are still a ton of 1.9x users and will be for a long time.

BTW how is the flexilite 2.0 coming? I can't wait to test it out.

William