unzip

unzip

Napisane bez: Richard Meagher ()
Liczba ôdpowiedzi: 7

I used to be able to upload a zipped folder of multiple files then in file management when selecting which file to choose to link to I had the option to unzip. Where is the facility to unzip files that have been uploaded in v2.0?

Thanks,

Richard

W ôdpowiedzi na Richard Meagher

Re: unzip

Napisane bez: Mary Cooch ()
Ôbrŏz Documentation writers Ôbrŏz Moodle HQ Ôbrŏz Particularly helpful Moodlers Ôbrŏz Testers Ôbrŏz Translators

Hi there. Go  to add  a resource>file - upload your zipped folder and then click the icon to the right of its name - there are several options such as "unzip." Click "unzip" and then once unzipped the folder will have the same icon to its right again -this time, choose the "main file" option to choose which file to display.

W ôdpowiedzi na Mary Cooch

Thanks Mary.

I wasn't getting the unzip option because I hadn't named the file with the *.zip extension in the file picker.

All works fine now, although a bit convoluted.

Richard.

Napisane bez: Joseph Rézeau ()
Ôbrŏz Core developers Ôbrŏz Particularly helpful Moodlers Ôbrŏz Plugin developers Ôbrŏz Testers Ôbrŏz Translators

Hi Richard,

How would you expect Moodle to "know" that your file is a zip archive if it does not have a *.zip extension? I don't call that "convoluted" but "normal behavior".puszcza ôczko

Joseph

W ôdpowiedzi na Joseph Rézeau

Hi Joseph,

Maybe not convoluted, but for me non-intuitive. I would have thought that when a file is uploaded the additional step of giving a name, and extension, would not need to occur (since it already has a name and extension). Sorry if my noobness offends.

Richard.

Napisane bez: Helen Foster ()
Ôbrŏz Core developers Ôbrŏz Documentation writers Ôbrŏz Moodle HQ Ôbrŏz Particularly helpful Moodlers Ôbrŏz Plugin developers Ôbrŏz Testers Ôbrŏz Translators

Hi Richard,

As you've found with 'Save as', unless you state the extension, it's not picked up. This is a bug - MDL-25215 - which will hopefully be fixed soon.

However, you should be able to upload a zip file and not bother renaming it and then unzip it. Does it work like this for you?

W ôdpowiedzi na Helen Foster

Napisane bez: Joseph Rézeau ()
Ôbrŏz Core developers Ôbrŏz Particularly helpful Moodlers Ôbrŏz Plugin developers Ôbrŏz Testers Ôbrŏz Translators

Helen "However, you should be able to upload a zip file and not bother renaming it and then unzip it. Does it work like this for you?"

@Richard: this is exactly what I meant.

Joseph

W ôdpowiedzi na Helen Foster

Thanks heaps Helen.

Works fine, and now makes sense to me.

I had incorrectly assumed that because the 'save as' was there it was not an option, but was required to be filled in.

Regards,

Richard.