Has anyone noticed we have upgraded to Moodle 2.0

Has anyone noticed we have upgraded to Moodle 2.0

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 17
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

???

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Has anyone noticed we have upgraded to Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I noticed it because (well, ok apart from seeing the news) the link in the drop down menus to "my courses" has gone and now I have to get to them via the navigation block - I used to like that drop down menu at the top. Also I noticed it because I have had several DMS which have now just sneaked in subtly bottom right of my screen with the new messaging system rather than in the old way (when in IE I never got them anyway because I had pop ups blocked) Oh and -I noticed it because I lost the will to live for about 5 hours yesterday while they upgraded and I couldn' get onto Moodle.org...

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

-I noticed it because I lost the will to live for about 5 hours yesterday while they upgraded and I couldn' get onto Moodle.org...

LOL...

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Mary,

What do you mean by "DMS"? Google gave me several possibilities - I didn't know which to choose.

Cheers,

Glenys

PS: Strange - I seem to be able to type faster than TinyMce can handle? Never realised I was a fast typist before. wink

Doesn't like Firefox's spell checker either.

In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Mary Evans -

Hi Glenys,

Aren't DM's Direct Messages? Years ago they called them IM's Instant Messages...

Tiny has its own Spellchecker!!!

Yeah!!!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Glenys - yes DM are direct messages - I tend to use DM and IM interchangeably though I expect there are subtle differences. I 've often found over the years (not just with tinymce) that I am typing faster than the internet will display and it is hugely frustrating.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sam Hemelryk -
Oops, my courses being broken is my fault.... I've just fixed it now smile fingers crossed its back on the drop down menus for you now Mary.

Cheers
Sam
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sam Hemelryk

by Mary Cooch -

Oh cool Sam -thanks smile ( I hardly dare mention that, for me Lounge and Certification have   [ [ ] ] either side of them...) But I am happy again now!

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Manish Verma -

5 hrs. hmmm.... lucky you.... I thought the site was kept down for more than double the time it took for database upgrade as mentioned in news.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Deborah Delin -

I noticed happily that there is now a text editor in Google Chrome. (Ah but no smileys I see as I wanted to put one in...........).

In reply to Deborah Delin

by Mary Cooch -

yes - I don't get where the smileys have gone because they are there on my Moodle 2.0...

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Siddall -

I noticed when I had to change my mail filters to get the forum emails to go to the Moodle folder.  (It's now the only rule for all the lists I'm on that matches the subject line.)

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Only because my Using Moodle emails are no longer sent direct to my moodle folder in gmail!! smile Will have to reset that filter I guess.

But now I'm here - looks good

In reply to Mary Evans

by Derek Chirnside -

Yes, I noticed the forms had changed . . . . . .  I heard a phrase the other day "Drinking our own champagne"  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food

I'm still undecided where exactly to engage in conversation about 2.0.  I've suggested some 2.0 forums be set up here on Moodle.org (in a passing conversation in the lounge) but it is very quiet, and no-one has said anything except for Anthony.

I can find no decent conversations on 2.0 anywhere really, even in the LinkedIn Forums on Moodle.  I think everyone is too busy either working on 2.0, bug reporting or merely waiting for others to find the bugs.

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Mary Evans -

Well Moodle 2 is not officially out...this is really a chance for the developers to test this in a production situation, and as far as I am concerned they have done a great job in migrating from 1.9.9 to 2.0.

I wish I knew half of what they know about coding on such a grand scale as this...I think it's also fantastic that I can keep up with the changes to the layouts and styles for Moodle 2 themes which has enabled me to design themes for this new roleout.  Not to mention the help we are getting from Sam Hemelryk, whose input to the Theme's forum is very much appreciated by all who are interested in such things as theme design.

I can't wait for the official launch!

'Then our mouths will be filled with laughter, and we will sing for joy. And others will say, "What amazing things Moodle has done for them."

Mary