Problem with localisation

Re: Problem with localisation

by N R -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I have a similar problem in implementing phpESP in German. Though I got a work-around solution to avoid the 'segfaults' thrown by apache, the pages still show up in English. The solution was to set "English - (en)" as the first priority language under the language preferences of my browser or alternatively use a English browser.

I even tried to enforce the setting of language from the HTTP headers sent by browsers in methods in esp-i18n.inc file under lib directory, also, but in vain.

May be Mike would be able to solve this problem. If required, I can publish the page results of phpESP/admin/test.php for easier diagnosis of the problem.

I am working on finding an option/setting at least to enforce one language (such as German instead of English) throughout phpESP where gettext is not working/enabled. Does this require addition of new set of completely translated pages/files in German or any other local language or a setting as in Moodle can be adapted? (working on it still) smile

Shall keep you updated with any progress from my end.

Any help towards this, would be highly appreciated. I would also appreciate, if anyone has a permanent solution to this problem.

thanks,

NR