Display of SVG Resource not working outside Firefox

Re: and to make matters worse

by David Dailey -
Number of replies: 0
Thanks Geoffrey,

I had forgotten about the Opera curriculum, but yes, it is good and I might be able to use some of it! Alas, the browser inconsistencies I'm observing in this case are unique to Moodle, since the content renders properly outside Moodle. It looks as though <embed> rather than <object> allows in-line display of pre-built objects in Moodle (with scripting enabled to boot!) in IE/Opera/Chrome/Safari/FF. I think I'll have IE students use the ASV plugin until IE9 (with native SVG support) ships (the Beta will be out next month). With FF4beta now supporting SMIL (quite well), both Opera and FF are now competitive with IE/ASV in both breadth of support and speed. Webkit is fast but a bit spotty in its support.

Being new to Moodle, I'm still feeling my way, but I had hoped for students to be able to draft source code directly within a Moodle resource editor without having to use a separate authoring system. I get the sense though that that would require a redefinition of what Moodle means by "resource" so that it is language neutral and not based in HTML.

Wiki.svg.org was largely replaced by http://www.planetsvg.com/ though even it seems to have had little new activity this year.

I'll convey your tip about mime-type configuration to our systems admin folks, though the fact that it is being served at all makes me think we've got that right.

Would be happy to take this offline too.

cheers
david dot dailey of sru dot edu