Archived posts, use them to search

Re: No Administration Options in VPL Admin Block and Activity

by Juan Carlos Rodríguez-del-Pino -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello José Luis,
I assume that you have resolved your previous problem installing the plugin on Moodle.

- The answer to the first question
Based on your screenshot, I guess you are using the Clean theme. This theme shows a side administration menu.

The VPL administration options at the site level are the one at the first part of the screenshot you show. A site administrator can use these options.

When a user with teachediting privileges selects a VPL activity, the options at activity level appear at the administration menu.

If you use the Boost theme the administration options at activity level will appear at the top-right corner as a gear icon. The current public version of VPL has a bug that makes this action menu disappears at some conditions e.g when you select an advanced menu option. This bug has not been resolved for VPL 3.3.x due to the existence of a simple workaround: selecting again the activity at the breadcrumbs. Nevertheless, this problem has already been resolved for the next VPL 3.4 version.

- The answer to the second question
This message is saying that you are using an old GCC version < 4.9. You have different options to resolve this problem:
1) Upgrade your GCC to a version >= 4.9
2) Upgrade your O.S. to a Linux distribution with a default GCC version >= 4.9
3) Modify vpl/mod/jail/default_scripts/cpp_run.sh removing the option.
4) Other ways: Se the discussion about a similar problem at https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=154988&parent=1269705

Best regards,
Juan Carlos.

In reply to Juan Carlos Rodríguez-del-Pino

by JOSE LUIS ANTA GONZALEZ -

Hello Juan Carlos,

First, sorry, I have already realized where VPL activity options are situated: I was not able to see them at all!

Second, the thing are a little more: my server are mounted over CENTOS 6, which has gcc/g++ 4.4 by default and unfortunatelly it is not possible to upgrade them, but nevertheless, I have installed a partial solution and effective:

First I installed the repository of CERN:Second I installed the gcc and g++ devtool 3:
  • yum -y --nogpgcheck install devtoolset-3-gcc devtoolset-3-gcc-c++
By last, this install the 4.9 gcc/g++ version, but it don´t work, as it is necessary launch a new shell with:
  • scl enable devtoolset-3 bash

After this, server running and gcc/g++ 4.9 version working, I probe a simple Python activity following the D. Thiebaut tutorial here and it works well both as a teacher and as a student.

Now, my intention is to use this tool with my high school students.

Thank you very much for your attention and clever comments and I sincerely apologize for my silly image format mistakes in my first message.

Best regards,

José Luis.

In reply to JOSE LUIS ANTA GONZALEZ

by Juan Carlos Rodríguez-del-Pino -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello José Luis,
thank you very much for sharing your problems and solutions, I am sure this will helps others.

Best regards,
Juan Carlos.