module stability and defining permission in detail

module stability and defining permission in detail

di m wu -
Numero di risposte: 3

Hi.  We are evaluating the scheduler module for scheduling appointments for 2000+ students and 50+ instructors.  Is this module stable enough to handle the task? 

We also want to be able to define permissions at a more detail level, e.g. no cancellation of an appointment once a student booked a time slot; disable the ability for a teacher to cancel a booked appointment, etc.  However it seems like these are not possible at this point?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!!

Media dei voti: -
In riposta a m wu

Re: module stability and defining permission in detail

di Dennis Di Sarro -
I got around the no cancellation of an appointment for students by putting the scheduler in its own course and un-enrolling the student once they signed up. The are still signed up for that appointment but cannot cancel. You could also "override permission" when your are in the assign roles mode. The problem with this is it applies to each role.

Dennis
In riposta a Dennis Di Sarro

di m wu -
Hi Dennis,
Thank you for your suggestions. We are going to have 12 scheduler instances throughout a 6-months course...I know that using a single scheduler and setting it to "one at a time" mode would probably make more sense, but unfortunately that was the decision. So, it might be difficult to un-enroll 2000+ students 12 times from 12 courses...

I've tried overriding permissions but I could not quite figure out which one does what, and there was no explanation or help file for these. Could you let me know which ones I should turn off to disable cancelling appointments.

Thanks so much for your help!
In riposta a m wu

di Dennis Di Sarro -
I did not realize your working with 2000+ students, I only have 600 or so. I have not actually tried this but, when you in override permission, scroll down to face-to-face and disallow "view face-to-face activities ans sessions". Of course you need to do this once everyone has scheduled a session. This should prevent them from canceling a booking and rescheduling. The problem with this (I think) is that you also prevent them from seeing the day they are scheduled.

Hope this helps.