lesson activity

lesson activity

tim larcombe - દ્વારા
Number of replies: 4
I have been trying out the lesson activity and have found a couple of things i am not sure about.

In the past you have been able to level the "jumps" blank and a continue button will but know it comes up with an error message. This may mean i hav been doing this wrong in the past

When i try to import a powerpoint it says it is successfull but the powerpoint does not appear. I have tried ppt format and mhtml format and neither seem to work.

finally a silly thing but at the end of the branch table it could be confussing to have a button that says add question when it adds a page.

any help on the first couple of points especaiily would be most useful!!
In reply to tim larcombe

Re: lesson activity

Joseph Rézeau - દ્વારા
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tim,

1- I suppose you are talking about the Lesson activity in Moodle 2.0 as opposed to Moodle 1.9 which you refer to as "in the past"?

2- Sorry but I do not understand this sentence "In the past you have been able to level the "jumps" blank and a continue button will but know it comes up with an error message." Would you please reformulate it taking care of the syntax in order to make it understandable? Thanks.

3- No need to "cross-post" the same message to the Usability forum.

ATB

Joseph (once a teacher, always a teacher wink)

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

tim larcombe - દ્વારા
Hi

sorry I should know better. I will try to rephrase my question slightly.

The first point was that I was having difficulty importing a PowerPoint into the lesson on the Moodle 2.0 test site. I used both .PPT and .MHTML format both of which did not work. I have been using Moodle 1.97 and have imported a PowerPoint using .MHTML format. This work although split every slide into parts.

The second point referred to adding branch tables into a lesson. As I have always had issues importing PowerPoint presentations into lessons, I used branch tables to make simple lessons. On the test site when I add a branch table I can add content to the lesson page. Underneath the the content box there are the boxes that allow you to link the branch page to other branch pages. On the test site if you leave the description boxes blank and choose to add another page an error message comes up and you return to the main course page. In moodle 1.97 you could leave these description boxes blank and return and add a description later, or leave them blank and when the lesson is used a button that says continue will be shown in their place.

I am not sure if i have being trying to do something incorrectly or there is a bug

thanks

tim
In reply to tim larcombe

Joseph Rézeau - દ્વારા
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tim,

Thanks for clarifying your question(s).

1.- Importing PowerPoint into the Moodle Lesson activity has never worked very well, in spite of Chris's efforts to provide a working "import" feature. That import feature should never have been offered in Lesson in the first place, and I'm surprised it is still available in Moodle 2.0.

2.- Adding branch tables into a lesson. You are quite right, in Moodle 1.9 (and previous versions) leaving the Description box empty would automatically add a Continue button. In Moodle 2.0, it provokes an error. What is worse is that it makes the Lesson further un-editable, which is a serious bug, which I have reported in the tracker as MDL-22688 (you may vote for it).

Thanks for mentioning this problem.

Joseph