HotPot Jcross results displaying incorrectly

HotPot Jcross results displaying incorrectly

par Lynn Scarlet Clark,
Nombre de réponses : 7
Unless our own systems are playing April fools tricks on us we have an odd occurrence with results for a JCross crossword.

Having just had a crossword work fine and be approved (to go live) on our test server, we have just uploaded the same crossword file to our live server (1.9.5) and all correct results are displaying in the hotpot grades as wrong and all the wrong ones as correct. All crosswords were created with JavaHotPotatoes6.

Anybody have any ideas? I wish this hadn't happened on April 1st - bit worried no one will believe me!

I've already double checked that all the mod>hotpot files are the same on both sites (they are).

Thanks
Moyenne des évaluations: -
En réponse à Lynn Scarlet Clark

Re: HotPot Jcross results displaying incorrectly

par Gordon Bateson,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Peer reviewers Avatar Plugin developers
Hello Scarlet,
I haven't heard of this situation before - very odd!

Please could you tell us what version of Moodle you are using? Also, please attach the errant quiz to your next post to this forum.

thanks
Gordon
En réponse à Gordon Bateson

par Lynn Scarlet Clark,
Hello Gordon,

Apologies for the lateness of the reply - I have been off. The problem still hasn't been resolved.

Sorry - I thought I'd sad what Moodle - it's 1.9.5 and I've attached the quiz. I am not sure it is actually the JCross as it works fine on our test Moodle, it's just when it was put onto our live site the problems with the marking started. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

En réponse à Lynn Scarlet Clark

par Gordon Bateson,
Hi Scarlet,
thanks for the JCross.

> all correct results are displaying in the hotpot grades as wrong
> and all the wrong ones as correct

Could you maybe attach a screenshot of what you are seeing on your live site

thanks
Gordon

par Gordon Bateson,
Here's my screen shot. It shows all answers as wrong, even though some are correct.

I will check with a JCross I know used to work.
Gordon
Annexe jcross.right.is.wrong.jpg

par Gordon Bateson,
Hi Scarlet,
I get the same problem on my own (very simple) JCross, whether I run it from the htm file or the jcw file. I am sure that quiz used to work. I will have to retrace my steps and try to find out when it stopped working.

I think it can be fixed bu it might take a little while.
Gordon
Annexe jcross.right.is.all.wrong.jpg

par Gordon Bateson,
Hello again Scarlet,
I was surprised to find that the HotPot module was not aware that it doesn't usually matter whether JCross answers are upper or lower case. As a result, the HotPot module thought that "one" was not the same answer as "ONE" and so it marked the answer as "wrong" even though the JCross itself judged "one" and "ONE" to be the same, i.e. JCross thought the answer was "correct".

I have fixed the issue in Moodle 1.9 (see attached screenshot) and that fix will be available from the Moodle downloads page in the next few days.

In due course I will check older versions of Moodle and make sure they behave properly too.

many thanks for reporting this problem
Gordon
Annexe jcross.correct.wrong.fixed.jpg
Moyenne des évaluations:Useful (1)

par Lynn Scarlet Clark,
Gordon, you are a star! I had been pulling my hair out trying to locate the problem.

Many thanks for your help in this!