Anonymous Survey on Moodle

Re: Anonymous Survey on Moodle

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
How far do you want to go with this? Would the first questions be exploring why do Teachers use Moodle? or Why do they choose Moodle? 2 different questions here, one is about motivations and the other about the technology/cost/availability and so on. Which way do you want to go?

Be nice to see how others use Moodle, what disciplines are seriously represented as opposed to what is not. For example, I have found resistance from Humanities and other non-technical teachers and real acceptance of science and maths teachers. Strangely enough, tech studies and Health and PE teachers are either openly indifferent to it or dismissive of it. Is this a local thing or an international thing? Which leads to, what I suggest is, the underlying issue.

How balanced with this survey be? If you are already talking to people who use Moodle, aficionados or serious users, then what balance can you expect? How can you offset the strongly positive commentary you will get from people like me?

I expect that you have already considered these questions and have some sort of mechanism in place, but it will come back to your essential question and the specific areas your dissertation will want to cover. Which is what, precisely?

Another thought, a lot of people want similar, but different, things. For example, data tracking, what data do people really need, as opposed to what they think they want. How is such data used? Is it used in any meaningful way? Are there ways in which such data can be shared and subdivided and integrated and so on? Could this be part of your survey?