How to create two certificate in one course

How to create two certificate in one course

од Mu He -
Број на одговори: 5

Hi,

In my scenario, I was tried to create two certificates with different course names under one course. For example, the first certificate should for course A, and the second one is for course B. However, I could not make it. Both of certificates showed course A. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I am really appreciated!

Best,

Jason

Просек на рејтинзи: -
Во одговорот до Mu He

Re: How to create two certificate in one course

од E. L. Cooper -

Solution if you can hack about in code-

1)You can custom code two certificates that leave off the course name where you code in the titles you want on the original course title axis

Solution if you have no coding skills

2)Certificate picks up the course name so you could edit out the field or make the course name one that would fit as information on either certificate then make two watermark images with the titles you want in the correct position.

Во одговорот до E. L. Cooper

од Mu He -
Thanks for your great suggestions!

I am not good at coding, so I will go with the second solution. But, I am just wondering which file should I edit in the case of applying first solution?

Have a nice Thanksgiving!
Во одговорот до Mu He

од E. L. Cooper -

I hope you had a good thanksgiving too. I made 500 biscuits and basted 50 turkeys! Every since my kids are adults I cook at a shelter from Weds night until Thurday AM, then I do dinner with my godchildren at thier house.

I think this should be clear Word to the wish do not do this on your production server. Always test first!

First you modify mod/certificate/lang/en_utf8/certificate.php
around line 129 you add a line with the new certificate name
Let's say you are naming it unicode_landsape_part_2
Follow the formats on the line above your entry (exactlly) and add
$string['typeunicode_landsape_part_2'] = 'Unicode (landscape2)';
save the changes. If you have done this correctly you should see new certificate name in the dropdown of available certificate types

Create a new folder called unicode_landsape_part_2 inside the 'type' folder
Now download a local copy of
mod/certificate/type/unicode_landscape/certificate.php

If you just upload certifcate.php into your unicode_landsape_part_2 folder you will have a duplicate of unicode_landscape
but if you delete the line around 121 that says
 'FreeSerif', '', 20, $classname);
the certificate will no long call up the classname and you can add your line in the correct position, as part of the image, on a duplicated watermark.

Во одговорот до E. L. Cooper

од Mu He -

WOW, 50 Turkeys?! I hope you were not eat them all. Just kidding.

Thanks so much for your details instructions! Although I am not good at programming, with your help, I finally figured out how to make two course title in one certificate. It is a wonderful learning experience for me. I am really appreciated!

Во одговорот до Mu He

од E. L. Cooper -
I am happy it worked for you and I don't want to look at turkey again for a least a month. Actually the biscuits are more work than the turkey. As an American when I say biscuit I am refering to a scone-like bread.