Another possible bug for your tracker

Another possible bug for your tracker

by Jim Ranalli -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Gordon,

Here's what appears to be another possible bug for your tracker:

I had a multiquestion JQuiz with Click Reporting set to 'Yes' and Delay 3 set to 'Wait till student clicks OK', and my students were unable to get past the first question because they were getting a 'confirm navigation' notification and then the quiz would restart.

I tried turning Click Reporting to 'No' but the problem persisted until I set Delay 3 to 'Wait 2 seconds' and then it worked. FYI.

Best,

Jim

PS: If you want to take a look, it's the QuizPort titled "Deep Vocabulary Knowledge in Dictionaries" in the second module.
In reply to Jim Ranalli

Re: Another possible bug for your tracker

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Jim,
thanks for the report. I was able to reproduce the problem on my server using the settings you describe.

It looks like the click reporting switch plays havoc with the javascript which is trying to detect if the student tries navigate away from the quiz before it is finished.

I will continue investigating and try to find a fix. In the meantime, please keep the click report setting switched off.

thanks
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Another possible bug for your tracker

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Jim,
I had a a good look at this at the weekend, and although I wasn't able to find a permanent solution, I have implemented a workaround which basically switches off the clickreporting setting, even if it happens to be switched on for a particular quiz.

Hope to get to round to a permanent fix one day, but there are other things I feel have greater priority at the moment.

thanks again for reporting this issue!
Gordon