Encouraging creative problem solving

Re: Encouraging creative problem solving

by Ryan Chadwick -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Paula,

I'm not looking to do anything directly at the moment. I'm more just on a quest for inspiration and ideas. I want to see where it takes me and what may grow from that.

I recently was shown a Moodle install where the school was using a choice activity to monitor bullying in the school. (the options were I'm not being bullied/ I am being bullied). The results were obviously private and the students could go in and change their mind at any time. It seemed like a nice way for students to provide feedback to teachers on problems they were facing.

I've decided to modify that a little and incorporate the Choice Quick block. My activity asks what your mood currently is and has options like (happy, thoughtful, creative, tired, inspired, bored and so on). I like it as it gets students to reflect on what their current mood is and I can get an idea of how the students are generally feeling in my classes.

Anyways, I'm rambling a bit but I only came up with this idea after being inspired by the first one. I like seeking out inspiration and just seeing where it goes.