How to connect moodle with Crystal Report?

How to connect moodle with Crystal Report?

Nosūtīja Luis Salazar Jurado
Atbilžu skaits: 4
Hi Forum:

Is there any module, block or application for connecting moodle with Crystal Report?

I've been able to connect my moodle database with Crystal Report, but Could it be possible to develop an application, or exist any application to do that?

I've also done a report from my moodle database, however I'd like to know if could it be possible to achieve this idea.

Thanks in advance.
Vidējais novērtējums: -
Atbildot uz Luis Salazar Jurado

Re: How to connect moodle with Crystal Report?

Nosūtīja Anthony Borrow
Core developers attēls Plugin developers attēls Testers attēls
Luis - I am not that familiar with Crystal Reports - I understand the general concept but have not used it myself. How might you envision some kind of connection between the two? Could you describe a little more of what you would be hoping for? Peace - Anthony
Atbildot uz Anthony Borrow

Nosūtīja Luis Salazar Jurado
Hi Anthony:

First of all what I want to do is make a report with Crystal Report from Moodle.

I'd like to know if there is an application to join moodle with Crystal Report and then directly from moodle create that report.

I know you can connect practically any database with Crystal Report, but Could anybody make directly inside moodle any report?

I've been searching to find information about Crystal Report in Linux and also with another computer programing, not just in .NET.

There is no information, I suppose it isn't possible.

Thanks in advance.

Nosūtīja Anthony Borrow
Core developers attēls Plugin developers attēls Testers attēls
Luis - I suspect it is possible and there has been some interest in being able to build custom reports in Moodle. It sounds like it would make for a good administrative plugin but not knowing more or having experience with it I am not sure how to connect. I would be surprised though if there were not a few admins out there that would love to see some increased functionality to build custom reports. Peace - Anthony

Nosūtīja Alex Büchner
You can connect Crystal Report directly to the Moodle database via the MS ODBC drivers (we have done this for a client and it works). You can then run any report from within CR, but you obviously have to know your way round the tables and relationships.

AFAIK, there is no mechanism for doing this inside Moodle.