How do I move/copy a quiz to another course?

How do I move/copy a quiz to another course?

by Don Hinkelman -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I have set up quizzes in one course (one quiz per week) and would like to copy the quizzes to two other identical courses (different students using the same text). How do I do that? It appears I have to reenter all the data again. Thanks for any advice.

Don Hinkelman
Sapporo Gakuin University - English as a Foreign Language
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Don Hinkelman

Re: How do I move/copy a quiz to another course?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Go into "Edit Categories" and you can then "Publish" your categories.

You (or other teachers) will then be able to access that category (and the questions in it) from any other course (it appears in their category list). You will have to build the quiz itself again but at least you won't have to re-enter the questions.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: How do I move/copy a quiz to another course?

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks! I got it. You get another speed record for problem-responding, too smile

By the way, I agree with your earlier comments that forums and journals should be given priority over quizzes in education. In my field, ESL, we need to recycle a lot of information, such as vocabulary, as well as reflect and construct ideas. Quizzes are good for that as long as they aren't taken too seriously. In addition, I find that a well built quiz gives so much immediate feedback, students get excited and more enthusiastic for the topic and further communication.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)