Assignment points option

Re: Assignment points option

by Lesli Smith -
Number of replies: 0
I'm wondering the same thing. My memory might be getting foggy after so many years of Moodling, but I guess this has come up often enough that I thought it was slated to be changed somewhere in the roadmap. Am I missing it somewhere? I haven't been able to locate a similar request in the tracker with more votes than 3 (including mine--http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-9085). If there might be a different solution that works better code-wise, that would be fine, too--it's just that most teachers take for granted having the ability to set points over 100 for particular assignments, and it impacts usability of their gradebook and overall way of assigning points in their courses. I confess I just worked around it by separating out parts of projects so that in person they'd get their full project grade, but in Moodle they'd see "preparation, presentation, paper" or whatever, in parts. If there are other workarounds I hadn't considered (aside from the whole add a scale that manually goes up to 200 points--or 125--or 150--you need one scale for every point probability) please share!

Thanks for bringing this up again, David.