dragmath

dragmath

by moronke fajobi -
Number of replies: 12

how do i know i have the dragmath feature in my moodle application?

secondly how do i test the dragmath functionality in moodle...

i am a tester and not a developer reason for my testing questions.

regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to moronke fajobi

Re: dragmath

by Marc Grober -
Installation:
Read the dragmath article in the Moodle Docs

Test:
Try to use it and see if it works.... post any issues here
In reply to Marc Grober

by Larry Jones -

I can't get dragmath to install either.  What directory do I install all the files.  Is the top directory /lib/?

What about "adminlib.php"?

In reply to Larry Jones

by Marc Grober -
I would love to be able to assist you, but you have given me precious little to work with.
Have you reviewed the Moodle doc on dragmath?
How have you tried to install dragmath.
Did you read the discussion of adminlib.php in the dragmath doc?
In reply to Marc Grober

by Larry Jones -

Yes, I did all the things above.

I am trying Asciimath now.  It appears in the filters and I enabled it, but does not work.

In reply to Larry Jones

by Marc Grober -
apples and oranges......??

If you want help with dragmath, then providing specifics as to what you actually did and what you are or are not seeing as a result is the only way we can help you.

I you want to install asciimathml, then I would suggest you go back and read the Moodle doc and advise how you installed etc. as the recommendations are that you NOT install as a filter. But, it should still work, though you have not advised how you installed and why you feel it isn't working......

In reply to Marc Grober

by Larry Jones -
OK, Asciimath is working.  The filter.  Is there anyway to provide a math editor for user login as student.  Something like MathType or is there any free ones that a student could create equations and copy and paste into the html editor.
In reply to Larry Jones

by Marc Grober -
Larry, I recommend that you NOT use asciimath as a filter, but through meta.php.

And dragmath, the app you initially asked about, is very effective math constructor, is free and easily integrated into Moodle (and hopefully will be part of Moodle 2 core along with asciimathml) and dragmath handles the insertion in the editor itself.
In reply to Marc Grober

by Larry Jones -

Marc,

When do you think V2 will be out?

Check out my profile.

Are you looking for work?

In reply to Larry Jones

by Ramon Eixarch -
Hi Larry,

if you are looking for something like MathType for Moodle you can test WIRIS Tools.
www.wiris.com/moodle/

The installation is very simple, an automatic installer is available. You unzip a file in moodle folder and then is something as simple as visiting

http://[your moodle url]/pluginwiris/install.php

Very user friendly solution: icons and palette construction, students only see images, double-click images to edit,...

This is a commercial tool but with very reasonable prices.

In reply to Ramon Eixarch

by Larry Jones -

Hi Ramon,

Very nice.  I installed the editor and the CAS.  Does the CAS (Java) run completely from my Moodle server?

Are you a math teacher?

Check out my profile.

Thanks, for you help.

Larry

In reply to Larry Jones

by Ramon Eixarch -
Hi Larry,

the CAS has a user interface (Java applet) and a math engine (C/C++). Both components can run completely in your Moodle server or in another server. In the demo we offer it from our hosted services at wiris.net .

I am not a math teacher. Our company is formed by mathematicians (graduates and PhD), former math teachers and computer scientists.
In reply to Ramon Eixarch

by Larry Jones -

Hi Ramon,

I just sent you an e-mail.  Would like to Skype with you?

Larry