Glossary in 1.4?

Re: Glossary in 1.4?

by N Hansen -
Number of replies: 0
As Stephen pointed out, a workaround would be to change the language pack on a course-by-course level but this still would allow only one type of glossary per course. If we were able to define our own terms for what these various things are called on a per-glossary level, then for example a history teacher could create a glossary of famous people, as well as glossary of historical events, and the descriptive terms for each would be appropriate for each.  The reason one would want to be able to change the author field is simply if one is using the glossary for books. It is confusing. But that might be solved simply by changing the term "author" to a simple "submitted by" or even "by" like we have here in the forums to be consistent on a wider course level (eek, now the fact that I have spent the past three years editing databases for consistency to the most nit-picky details is starting to show).

The other thing that would be nice as Stephen pointed out would be to add another field for another category of information (e.g. a biology teacher wanting to create a glossary that could at least include two "concepts," scientific name and common name). Sorting by both fields would be nice, if possible. Linking by these fields to me wouldn't be necessary, as I would probably want to use the additional field for some sort of subsidary information. It could be a really neat thing but understandably would be a very complex one and one that might have issues with the speed of the filtering.