Regrade required ?

Re: Regrade required ?

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Anne-Sophie,

I checked those the three "atelier" quizzes on my Moodle 1.8.6 site and they seems to work OK, that is to say no duplicate questions were created and no "Regrade required" message came up on the Hot Potatoes index page.

As I remember, the message only appears on sites that have questions created by older versions of the HotPot module, in which the "name" field in the "hotpot_questions" table in the Moodle database is too short (255 characters) for some questions.

Therefore, I suggest you try the take the following steps:
  1. put your Moodle site into maintenance mode
  • Site Administration -> Server -> Maintenance mode
  • Administration du site -> Serveur -> Mode de maintenance
take a backup of your entire Moodle database confirm "name" field in "hotpot_questions" table is a "text" field
  • if it is varchar(255), click the edit icon and change the type to "text"
login to Moodle as an administrator go to the Hot Potatoes index which displays the "Regrade required" message click the regrade button and if necessary click "OK" to confirm the regrade
  • verify that you get the message "All attempts have been regraded
  • verify that "Regrade required" message is no longer displayed
Once you have removed all the "Regrade required" messages from the HotPot index pages, you can take the Moodle site out of Maintenance mode and the students will be able to access it again.

If things are not going well and you decide to abort this effort, you just need to set the database back to how it, and you can do that using phpMyAdmin to "import" the backup of the database that you took in step 1 above.

By the way, there may be something slightly unusual about your HotPot module. It seems your site is Moodle 1.8+, but your appear to be using v2.4.2 of the HotPot Module which is actually for Moodle 1.9. I don't think this is the cause of the problem, but it indicates to me that you may not be updating your Moodle site in the recommended way, which is using a CVS client or by downloading a complete Moodle package (which includes the latest HotPot module for that version of Moodle)

please let us know how you get on

all the best
Gordon
Attachment hotpot_questions.jpg