New Assignmenttype - Upload a file for my group

New Assignmenttype - Upload a file for my group

par Dominik Anonymous,
Nombre de réponses : 7
Hi i made a new assignmenttype wich allows group assignments. it was a bit trickey to implement, as you can see on the last screenshot. (i wish one could write such new assignment type without having to edit moodle core files :/ ) e.g. There is a need for a own mod_form.php for each assignmenttype and so on. ( or is there somithing i dont figured out? )

So here we go with a few screenies:
click to enlargeclick to enlargeclick to enlarge
First one shows a mod i worte, which allows students to enrol themselfes into groups. Teacher can lock groups, set max. members etc...
Second shows the main screen of the assignment, where studs upload their work. Last one (right) shows how a new assignment is created, the teacher can select wich groups of his cours should attend the assignment. I didnt figure out how i could alter the width of these colums here....

What do you think, is that something useful? is there a developer interested in the code?
Moyenne des évaluations: -
En réponse à Dominik Anonymous

Re: New Assignmenttype - Upload a file for my group

par Ger Tielemans,
Why not publish it as a new, standalone module? (call it Groupassignment)

I see the problem:

if you want to support the for RUBRICS modified assignment: you must hack that and 'the handling' into your module too..

par Bryan Williams,
Hi Dominik,

This is very interesting and could be a useful new Assignment type that would offer some of the functionality of Workshop, which may be deprecated in future versions of Moodle. It would be great if you completed your profile and joined the Moodle developer group. There may be someone interested in working with you on this.
En réponse à Bryan Williams

par Dominik Anonymous,
Hi Bryan,

unfortunately i will stop working on moodle this friday because i quit my job at the university Salzburg. So perhaps some developer wants to take it over. ill post a patch and the files this week here.

par Neil Birt,
This looks exactly like something we could use.

Currently Moodle does not appear to support group activities well except in forums, so this sort of functionality in assignments would be most welcome. I also like the group self-setup feature. Much cleaner than setting up a database.

As mentioned above getting it to work with the Rubrics assignment mod would really be a good combination.
En réponse à Neil Birt

par Ray Lawrence,
Does this module enable review by members in a group or does it allow a submission to be made on behalf of a group?
En réponse à Ray Lawrence

par Dominik Anonymous,
if i understood you right:

Every user who is part of a group which attends the assignment is able to submit a file. This file is than submitted for everyone in this group to. Teachers can than grade the whole group. (grading a single student is not possible)
Other group members can overwrite the uploaded file again if needed.