Introduction to Moodle 3.9+ Plugin Development
by Benjamin Ellis
Release date: April 19, 2021
Publisher: Mukudu Publishing (Mukudu Ltd)
Added to this database by Benjamin Ellis - Monday, April 26, 2021, 3:17 PM
Last updated - Monday, April 26, 2021, 3:20 PM
Knowledgable Moodle developers are in demand the world over and based on the latest Long Term Support version of Moodle, this book aims to give non-Moodle PHP developers a comprehensive introduction to developing plugins for the platform.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create Moodle plugins to perform just about any task you need to.
The book covers:
- A short history of Moodle and a high-level discussion of the learning environments;
- Essential information for developing plugins including coding guidelines and development tools;
- High-level descriptions of the common APIs;
- Exploring common plugin requirements;
- Developing 10 different common plugins as examples;
- Other development concepts – backup, git, testing and releasing code to the Moodle plugins directory.