The Department of Psychology at the University of Miami is seeking a full-time eLearning Administrator reporting to Dr. Brian Doss. The eLearning Administrator will be a core component of the OurRelationship project, a nationwide web- and app-based service to help couples struggling with relationship problems (www.OurRelationship.com). The project has been ongoing since 2010 and has served over 10,000 couples. The project provides online relationship services to low-income couples, couples in which one or both partners are veterans or active-duty service members, and couples in which one or both partners are Latina breast cancer survivors.
The eLearning Administrator will head the development and organization of the eLearning content and have two primary responsibilities: 1) Adapting, updating, and building new eLearning content in the Adapt software. This content will be built in both English and Spanish. 2) Manage the eLearning content and Totara Learner Management System (LMS). The Administrator will work closely with Kineo, our external eLearning Vendor.
The applicant should have a background in website/ LMS/ CMS administration and experience building eLearning content using Adapt, Articulate, or similar programs. Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, with moderate fluency in written Spanish a requirement. Attention to detail, experience with Version Control, GitHub, JSON, as well as graphics and video production in the Adobe Creative Suite are important skills for this position. JS and CSS are desirable skills but not required. The primary work location of this position is on the Gables campus in the Department of Psychology.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. eLearning content creation in the Adapt software (www.AdaptLearning.org)
- a. Build of new activities in English and Spanish (using provided content)
- b. Adaptation of existing Adapt courses for specific populations
- c. Trouble-shooting bugs or UX issues
- d. Version Control with Kineo (outside Vendor) via GitHub
2. LMS administration using the Totara LMS (www.TotaraLearning.com)
- a. Develop course structure, audiences, and user management flow with the LMS
- b. Upload and manage Adapt SCORM packages within the program courses
- c. Trouble-shoot user issues arising from LMS bugs or UX difficulties
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Eligible for hire in the United States
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields
Minimum 1 year of relevant eLearning content development and LMS/CMS management experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- • Highly organized, analytical, and detail oriented
- • Experience with Version Control, GitHub, and JSON required
- • Experience with JS, CSS, as well as graphics and video production in Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- • Bilingual in Spanish (preferred); moderate fluency in written Spanish required
Annual Salary: $55,000-$58,000
Full benefits including health, dental, vacation, retirement plan, and tuition waiver at the University of Miami
Entry added by Brian Doss
- Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 7:27 AM
Last updated - Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 7:31 AM