We are looking for a ontractc Moodle developer that can work with us until end of March 18 (perhaps longer) to support and develop plugins for Moodle. Ideally, candidate will be London based or near London as we require some time weekly face to face to fulfill this role. The full job description is here: https://tas-arupjobs.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=LON000078&lang=en
Any problems please feel free to contact Chris at email@example.com.
Outline JD is link above doesn't work:
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Arup has a rich, thriving, design environment and a vibrant and open knowledge culture. Arup University supports this with both strategic advice on knowledge management, and steering and supporting collaborative tools and practices. We steer and support our communities of practice (Skills Networks) which each drive programmes of research, learning and operational improvement.
We have introduced a highly successful Moodle learning management system and are constantly enhancing its facilities. Other collaboration platforms are supported by this team.
We are looking for a self-starter, who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced but friendly and supportive office environment. You will like the idea of working in a large organisation, in a role where satisfaction comes from enabling others to deliver business goals through the excellent support you deliver. This is a varied and interesting role, in a function with high expectations to meet and excellent opportunities to learn.
We are looking for a web developer (Moodle, PHP, and SQL in the main) to make a key contribution to develop and support our Arup University Systems, in particular, our Moodle LMS.
Reporting to the Arup University Systems Manager you will be doing the following:
• Supporting various Moodle plugins e.g. Dataform used for event registration and other applications
• Creating bespoke activities and plugins for Moodle under the guidance / support of our Senior Developer
• Creating bespoke reports for learning, appraisal and compliance data stored on our systems.
• Supporting our Research in Arup website (WordPress) and creating new features as required by the Arup Research team.
Requirements and skills
We are looking for a highly capable intern who wishes to develop their skills in software development and deployment in a project-based environment. You will be wanting to ground your skills in real business projects. You will have a flexible and team-working approach, whilst being able to work with minimal supervision.
Essential experience and qualifications:
Essential Technical skills:
• Good programming skills in PHP and good knowledge of Object Oriented programming.
• Knowledge of modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3)
• Proficiency in GIT
• Proficiency in database creation, management and reporting tools (MySQL and MSSQL)
• Proficiency in HTML
• Knowledge of software testing
Other Essential skills:
• Ability to define and work to deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media platforms
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with customers
• Accuracy / attention to detail
• Knowledge of one or more of these environments Moodle / WordPress / Sharepoint
• Knowledge of developing macros in Excel using Visual Basic
• Knowledge of VSTS or JIRA and usage
• Experience of Responsive Web Design
• Knowledge of LESS / SASS
• Knowledge of Bootstrap Framework
• Previous industrial work experience