Job offered: Application Support Specialist
Location: Vancouver, Canada
We are looking for an experienced application support specialist who is ready to move to the next level. If you enjoy a challenge, and are driven by curiosity and results, this may be the most rewarding job you ever had.
Lambda Solutions is a leading provider of Open Source e-Learning solutions based on the popular Moodle and Totara Learning Management Systems. We provide Managed Hosting and Professional Services to clients in Education, Corporate Training, Healthcare and Government. We are a young and dynamic organization that will put you in the driver seat and give you a chance to learn fast, and contribute to our growth and our brand.
- Provide 'level 2′ support services for customer support issues.
- Reproduce, troubleshoot, and diagnose technical issues.
- Escalate issues to Level 3 support according to procedure.
- Resolve cases and provide solutions to customers.
- Follow best practices, specifically removing critical first (possibly with roll-back or workaround), addressing long-term solution second.
- Manage a personal queue or backlog of open cases, ensuring SLAs are met, and customers are updated with appropriate timeliness according to best practices.
- Contribute to corporate knowledge by capturing best practices, either in documents, knowledge base items or shared documents; developing best practices and documentation, whether procedural or technical.
- Knowledge transfer to colleagues.
- Experience with LMS (Moodle) is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer facing application support role.
- Customer application support experience in the software industry, including phone and email channels.
- Customer service skills and strong written and verbal communications.
- Technical troubleshooting and issue documentation.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
- Experience with eLearning software
- Experience in the enterprise software industry
- Experience with open-source software such as Moodle, Totara, Mahara, Drupal
- Experience with LAMP stack, HTML, and CSS
Benefits of Working at Lambda
- Flat organization with a highly collaborative team
- Competitive compensation plan
- Weekly staff treats and cheesecake on your birthday!
- And much more! See our Careers Page for further benefits.
Entry added by Sean Hougan
- Friday, August 8, 2014, 1:58 AM
Last updated - Friday, August 8, 2014, 2:25 AM