Job offered: Moodle Developer
Location: Oxford, united Kingdom
Job Title: Moodle Developer
Job Reference: MCCMD001
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract / Full-Time
Department: Online Learning Department
Salary: £22,000 – £23,500
Location: Summertown, Oxford
Magna Carta College are looking for an experienced Moodle Developer to join their online team. This is a face to face, full-time position and the right candidate should be able to configure Moodle and be familiar with Moodle 2.5.2. The purpose of the role is to enhance and develop our Online Moodle provision and our students’ experience through improvements to our Online Learning Management. To achieve this, the successful candidate will work closely with our Learning Technologist to gather requirements and identify potential improvements before developing solutions in a structured manner. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Linux, Apache, MySQL and open source applications such as Moodle.
- Work closely with our Learning Technologist to gather requirements and identify potential improvements.
- Write scripts to automate routines and processes.
- Create, modify and install existing plug-ins to extend functionality of Moodle.
- Develop themes in line with our corporate identity.
- Maintain and manage our Online Moodle database.
- Perform Moodle system upgrades, patching and security enhancements.
- Provide first and second line support for technical issues for staff and learners.
- PHP development on a Linux based platform.
- Working with open source web applications and frameworks (preferably Moodle, Mahara and Wordpress).
- SQL query creation, optimisation and data migration.
- Good understanding of common Moodle issues and solutions.
- Working with the Turnitin application.
- Experience with Moodle 2+ file repository and structure as well as other repository means.
To apply for this role, all interested candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and are happy to consider applications from all individuals who meet the person specification.
Entry added by Anna Rumani
- Thursday, 12 December 2013, 6:51 PM
Last updated - Thursday, 12 December 2013, 6:51 PM