Moodlerooms, Inc. (www.moodlerooms.com) is a high quality, fast growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company with great capabilities in the expanding Moodle market. We are seeking a creative, energetic individual with a positive attitude and great work ethic, who can excel in a fast-paced environment.
Moodle is the world’s fastest growing, open source learning management system, providing a superior education & training platform to over 57 million users worldwide. The software enables educational institutions (University, Colleges, schools) as well as corporate and governmental entities to deliver their courses online. As a Moodle Partner and business unit of Blackboard, Inc, Moodlerooms provides a variety of services for Moodle, such as hosting, implementation, support, training and change management.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) will work with our Sales organisation to showcase our solutions to prospects and clients. They will work closely with regional sales managers and marketing to develop proposals, discuss business problems, gather requirements, explain the value proposition, and facilitate technical demonstrations to help close sales. An ideal candidate will have strong solutions-based technical skills, combined with a polished demeanor and a strong level of comfort with talking to executives and other business constituents, to ensure that potential clients are receptive to our recommendations.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) is responsible for supporting Sales in all technical and consulting related activities that help to achieve the objectives determined by the company for the UK and Ireland. In order to accomplish these objectives, the SE should have in-depth practical experience of Moodle, proven experience in identifying business requirements, developing a technical strategy, configuring and effectively demonstrating solutions, including defining consulting solutions that address these requirements and provide value to clients.
- Primarily work in the UK and Ireland to support our Sales organisation in selling a solution set based on Moodle and other platforms from the Blackboard portfolio.
- Serve as an expert in these products, including their architecture, functionality, industry application, and deployment methodologies.
- Assist the sales team in qualifying licence and consulting business opportunities.
- Lead discovery sessions with prospects to map their requirements to Moodlerooms technology capabilities.
- Develop and deliver custom demonstrations and presentations to key decision makers to address their business issues and needs.
- Help to identify the milestones and tactics necessary to win the sales opportunity.
- Work with regional sales managers, channel sales managers, channel resellers and executives to sell product strategic value, develop client-focused solutions and document solutions in proposals as required.
- Present the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of Moodlerooms technology.
- Develop proposals for Moodlerooms solutions, and contributions to tender responses.
- Provide rapid, accurate responses to questions from sales staff in the field.
- Set up product demonstration and evaluation environments.
- Display initiative and self-motivation and deliver high quality work, meeting deadlines for both internal and external customers.
- Working with the Sales Operations team, to fulfill regional market requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Moodle, including configuration, instructional design and end user experience.
- Ability to present to business and technical audiences ranging from end users to Senior Executives.
- Firm understanding of software design and architecture, including databases, application servers, and PHP.
- Understanding of web technology, including Web 2.0.
- Excellent consultative, oral and written communication, customer service, and product demonstration skills.
- Ability to craft a solution and to develop proposals and tender responses with appropriate products and consulting based on client discussions.
- Strong negotiation and coaching skills necessary for dealing with client-facing issues.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Must be self motivated and able to work effectively in a very fast paced environment.
- Willing and able to travel: 40 - 60%
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced and fluid environment.
- Experience working with/within the Education sector, with knowledge of the sector’s trends and business drivers.
- Experience in a software sales engineering/pre-sales support position with an emphasis on a consultative solution selling approach is desirable.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor