Illumina Interactive is an established custom e-learning content and system development firm based in Dedham, MA. Illumina has provided distinctive technology-based learning solutions for leading corporations, government agencies, educational institutions and non-profits. Illumina is a full-service development firm that helps its clients achieve their strategic learning goals – by making it easier to rapidly develop and deploy the optimum e-learning solutions for their organizations' needs. The team prides themselves on superior quality work and an unparalleled dedication and responsiveness to their clients, and offers an easy-going, informal work environment where each team member contributes to a project's success. Illumina’s small size means wearing multiple hats and working on diverse projects in an environment where individuals with a desire to learn and grow can stand out and excel.
Dramatic increases in customer demands for learning platforms mean that Illumina needs to add another experienced, versatile Moodle developer! You’ll be involved in projects beginning to end, from designing the solution through implementation, testing, roll-out, and enhancement.
- Participate in all phases of system life, including solution architecting and client review, spec and development of design documentation, deployment and testing of Moodle instances on Illumina-managed or client managed environments, custom theming of Moodle sites, loading customer eLearning content, and integration with web sites and other systems
- Provide technical guidance and advice to project teams and decision-makers
- Identify and communicate technical issues
- Provide work breakdown and time estimates for projects, and manage technical implementations to such time and work estimates
- Work directly with both customer personnel and colleagues on projects
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications, or related experience
- 2+ years Moodle development, ideally having worked on multiple Moodle deployments
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot Linux, Apache, and MySQL
- Knowledge of one or more allied technologies a distinct plus:
- Moodle Integration with e-Commerce systems such as CourseMerchant
- eLearning rapid development tools, particularly Articulate, and LMS integration
- Additional CMS platforms, such as Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress
- Client-side platforms, from PCs and Macs to smartphones and tablets, and multiple browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari)
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects, and to move rapidly from one project to another
All candidates must be able to work in the USA without restriction. Please send cover letter, resume, and samples/ links for your work to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Entry added by James Adelson
- Thursday, February 7, 2013, 11:57 AM
Last updated - Thursday, February 7, 2013, 11:57 AM