Online Professional Development (PD) Course Developer
Fixed-Term Contract (9 months)
The International Baccalaureate is a not-for profit foundation, which offers four high quality and challenging educational programmes for a worldwide community of schools. For over 40 years, IB programmes have gained a reputation for their high academic standards, for preparing students for life in a globalised 21st century, and for helping to develop the citizens who will create a better, more peaceful world. Founded in 1968, currently there are close to 1 million IB students at 3,450 schools in 143 countries across the world.
The Online PD department of the International Baccalaureate delivers 600 online courses (workshops) per year to more than 7000 teachers around the world. This success is now being built on further with the development of alternative forms of Online PD as well as blended learning. We are seeking a talented Online PD Course Developer to contribute to the high quality of online workshops for the International Baccalaureate.
Working out of our Global Centre in The Hague, you will build course content online on our Moodle platform and within our Lectora presentation template. You will also have an opportunity to influence the development of our online offer as well as our quality assurance processes. You will work alongside our full time Instructional Designer who will provide the courses ready for online set-up. This role involves working closely with the Online PD development and delivery teams based at our 3 Global Centres (US, The Netherlands and Singapore).
• You will have impressive technical skills and the ability to transfer your know-how between software platforms easily;
• You will have experience working with online course content using Moodle and Lectora (or similar) professionally and will constantly look for new ways to innovate with new technologies;
• You will have highly proficient English language skills and a keen eye for detail to ensure a high quality product every time even when working under pressure;
• In addition to significant technical ability, you will be a good listener, able to cope with a substantial workload, well organised and enjoy working in a team;
• Experience with synchronous tools such as WebEx would be welcomed;
• Knowledge of Spanish or French is an advantage.
1 May 2013
The position will be based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Valid residence and work permit for The Netherlands are required for this role.
Please submit your application by using the link.
Click here to apply!
The International Baccalaureate is an equal opportunities employer.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Web-based learning, E-learning, Quality management, Course development.
Entry added by afdeling Personeelszaken
- Tuesday, 12 March 2013, 8:25 PM
Last updated - Tuesday, 12 March 2013, 8:29 PM