Month IT Consultancy for Moodle Developer (Web Application / Hosting
Specialist) at the United Nations (New York, USA with possibility for
The United Nations Examinations and Tests
Section (ETS) is looking for a dynamic, motivated, and technically
skilled individual with an interest in becoming part of a pioneering new
team tasked with the development of one of the Organisation's first large scale web-based psychometrics projects.
More specifically the successful applicant will:
• provide technical expert guidance for the selection of an internet-/computer-based testing tool (IBT/CBT);
• provide technical expert guidance for determining the optimal IBT
hosting arrangements for the United Nations operating environment;
• support roll-out of internet-based testing tools to cloud services;
• customize Moodle (or other web based platforms) to perform as a
bespoke internet-based testing tool in such a way as to reflect UN web
• Train staff in Moodle to:
o further customize the appearance of Moodle using HTML/CSS;
o setup the system so that remote offices can extract test results without gaining access to the test items;
o troubleshoot issues to resolution;
o create custom result reports.
While ETS is primarily seeking applicants from the field of Computer
Science / Computer Engineering / Web Development / Web Application
Management consideration will be given to candidates with a strong track
record in Moodle deployment, development, and administration.
• create a Personal History Profile (PHP) by visiting https://inspira.un.org,
• save as pdf (please note that this temporary job opening is not listed in Inspira, but you can nevertheless create a PHP) and
• submit with cover letter, and reference letter to
• firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .
The application deadline is: 31 March 2015.