Job offered: LMS Administrator
Location: Boston, MA
The LMS Administrator is responsible for configuring, maintaining and administrating Berklee’s Learning Management System (LMS), and for assisting Berklee in leveraging the Learning Management System to achieve the highest quality instruction. The LMS Administrator will work primarily with a Moodle-based LMS with a Moodle-based LMS within a diverse integrated environment including the college’s student information system and best-of-breed open source technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Berklee’s Learning Management System works smoothly and efficiently.
- Configure Berklee’s LMS to best support identified educational objectives, including role definition, plug-in configuration, and inter-system operations.
- Work closely Moodlerooms, Kaltura and other partners to ensure stability, uptime, service level targets, security and to schedule maintenance and installations.
- Build the LMS course deployment strategy for the college in collaboration with essential Berklee personnel.
- Manage the course and content backup process to ensure disaster recovery policies are adhered to.
- Develop and write quality assurance tests and participate in their execution.
- Manage and define all user accounts and all roles in cooperation with Information Security Officer.
- Provide and prepare LMS consulting, training and documentation for colleagues who support the faculty, students and who develop online curricula.
- Follow Berklee support protocols and practices.
- Provide day-to-day issue resolution and support to key stakeholders
- Stay current with online instructional technology, research new trends and evaluate new approaches.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS desired.
- Demonstrated ability to master changing LMS technologies and trends.
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts, client-server concepts, systems security, authentication systems (LDAP), disaster recovery, and service life cycles.
- Strong organizational, administrative, documentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to proactively plan and complete time-sensitive project goals.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with integrity and complete confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent expertise.
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience with configuring and maintaining a medium to large-scale Moodle-based Learning Management System
- Experience in a higher education setting desired.
To apply, go to https://www.berklee.edu/jobs
Entry added by Madeleine Toh
- Monday, 17 June 2013, 9:51 PM
Last updated - Monday, 17 June 2013, 9:51 PM