Moodle - Senior PHP Developer
COME AND HELP US SUPPORT EDUCATION AROUND THE WORLD!
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source project providing crucial software used in Universities and Schools around the world. We have a growing community of over 200 developers working on the project, with several small teams of core developers operating from our offices around the world.
Right now, we are looking for Full Time quality PHP Developers to join our enthusiastic & vibrant core team in Perth, WA. The Perth office comes equipped with cappuccino machine, foosball, flexible hours, casual atmosphere and a close-knit and friendly team.
You'll be part of a team utilising a Scrum-based agile approach to deliver new releases of Moodle, which involves work ranging from fixing reported bugs to participating in development of major new core features.
You'll also be part of a much bigger international community with hundreds of developers and millions of users. You'll go home at the end of each day with a smile on your face, knowing your work is appreciated and directly affects people all around the world.
What you need for this position:
• good PHP programming skills
• an understanding of databases and SQL
• tertiary qualifications or equivalent commercial experience
• the desire to work in a high-performance team
• an eye for detail
• the ability to organise your own workload in order to meet deadlines
• excellent communication skills
What you will gain:
competitive wages and benefits
defined career progression
a brilliant environment to work in
experience working in an agile team
the knowledge you are helping millions of people to reach their goals
- Further skills by learning from high skilled peers
What you'll be doing:
• writing high quality open source PHP code conforming to Moodle guidelines
• reviewing code
• engaging with the wider developer community and promoting good practice
• writing automated tests
• investigating and resolving bugs
• participating in planning and design sessions (online and offline)
What we'd like to see:
• experience working in a large-scale development environment
• previous contributions to open source projects
• some exposure to the Moodle architecture
Check us out at moodle.com and moodle.org.
If you are passionate and hard working and interested in applying for this position please send us your cover letter and resume and direct us to some examples of your work as soon as possible to be considered for this fantastic position!
Any queries should be directed to the Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry added by Darren Srdarev
- Friday, April 24, 2015, 1:21 PM
Last updated - Sunday, May 3, 2015, 4:28 PM