Employer: Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Position Title: Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator
Full Time Regular
Expected Work Schedule
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with occasional overtime
Anticipated Hours per Week
Job Description Summary
The LMS Administrator role is an experienced-level position responsible for configuring, maintaining and overseeing the college’s Learning Management System (LMS) application and environment. A-B Tech uses Moodle as our application and environment of choice to deliver online instruction for use with distance, hybrid and face-to-face courses.
The LMS Administrator has primary responsibility for optimizing LMS application performance, documenting the operation and support processes and procedures related to the LMS application and environment, investigating and resolving LMS application and server environment errors, and communicating with the campus community as appropriate. The LMS Administrator will be expected to collaborate with IT, faculty and Instructional Support to establish policies, processes and procedures related to maintenance, update, upgrade, integration and development of the LMS application and environment. The LMS Administrator will be expected to work with other IT areas and/or third-party services to maintain a secure, highly-available and fault-tolerant LMS environment. The LMS Administrator will oversee relationships with related vendors and host providers, enforcing SLA and support expectations. The LMS Administrator, in partnership with the Director of Instructional Support and Online Learning, will assist the college with setting and complying with State and Federal policies and recommendations related to distance learning.
1. Configure, administer, maintain, update and document the Moodle LMS environment;
2. Supervise the security, performance and fault-tolerance of the Moodle LMS environment;
3. Partner with related campus administrators to support integration of other related applications;
4. Participate in the initiation and completion of projects involving the Moodle LMS environment, including Ellucian and Sharepoint integration;
5. Consult with instructional designers, faculty and other campus users of the LMS environment to support the integration and development of features and customizations for the Moodle LMS application;
6. Communicate maintenance windows and issue resolution to campus community;
7. Oversee relationships with related vendors and host providers, enforcing SLA and support expectations;
8. Respond to inquiries and requests from users for Moodle-related assistance as escalated through the support process;
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
2. Three or more years of experience with administration, development and customization of a CMS or LMS in an enterprise environment.
3. Demonstrated experience with different Moodle hosting solutions and knowledge of relevant security requirements.
4. Demonstrated experience with data management and query building using MySQL.
1. Demonstrated experience with configuring, administrating, tuning for performance and securing LMS-related applications, including Apache, NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB, Linux and PHP.
2. Experience in a higher education setting.
IMPORTANT - Applications will only be accepted online via: https://abtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/3479