Open Source Sales and Marketing Programs Manager
With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company. Blackboard is shaping the future of education with big ideas that challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning. Every day we’re inspiring people to find new ways to learn, connect and drive change in the way education is delivered and experienced. Through technology and services we bring people closer to the knowledge they seek and to ways they can change their own education and the world for the better.
The Sales and Marketing Programs Manager is responsible for sales enablement, product sales strategy, sales activity and initiatives for a specific Blackboard platform or product line working with the international sales team and partner channels. Working with regional sales & marketing teams, the position will develop a specific sales strategy to ensure that our international sales teams and partners have the capabilities required to sell our solutions (both software and services). This position is dedicated to the international sales success of a specific Blackboard product line and is accountable to a sales quota.
a strategic role in the success of Blackboard International and as we continue
to grow our footprint in Europe with our Moodlerooms platform, this
• Leverage resources within the product line (platform) to enable the sales success of the international sales team and partners
• Work with regional sales leaders, prioritizes markets into which our solutions will be sold
• Develop and deliver focused and proactive sales campaigns around new business acquisition
• Work with regional sales leaders to drive platform sales activities and customer visits in region
• Partner with local sales representatives on sales calls and other prospecting activities
• Provide platform leadership with local market knowledge and customer buying drivers to continually improve platform relevance in the market
• Develop platform value proposition / messaging based on regional education/business drivers that maximizes the adoption of all of our products
• Assess sales team and partner readiness and facilitate skills development
• Develop market-specific sales support and enablement tools in coordination with the product marketing teams
• Provide input to and execute on go to market plans
• Provide on-site and online sales support to local sales teams
• Evaluate and report on regional competitive landscape and market opportunity
• Report and manage sales data in SF.com, for sales leadership and services/delivery team leads to enable short and long term planning
• Provide support as subject matter expert in sales activities, including sales meetings and RFP/tender submissions
• Work with sales team to ensure adherence to sales processes
• Work with support, administrative and operational teams to continually improve sales processes
Professional Qualifications Required Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in education technology / SaaS sales
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced and comfortable working at and presenting to C-Level
- Proven success managing sales teams, partner channels and/or virtual teams
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast moving and complex environment
- Self-starter, motivated
- Up to 50% travel required
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
- Proven experience in successful market entry and expansion an advantage
- Experience selling open-source solutions to the European education market an advantage
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.