Software Developer - Moodle Plugins ~ Remote Based
Are you looking for a career in the eLearning industry with a team of bright, dedicated co-workers? Would you like to work from home at a job that includes medical, dental and vision benefits, along with company provided life insurance and a flexible discretionary time-off policy? Consider a career with Remote-Learner. Collectively, we have more than 600 years of experience providing educational and training solutions to clients of all sizes. Our company has a performance-driven culture that drives results. Our focus is on the value our people can add through their work.
If you are a Developer who enjoys working on multiple projects in a stimulating and friendly team environment, Remote-Learner has a great position for you. We are seeking a motivated and self-directed individual to join our team as a Moodle and Totara Software Developer. The candidate we are looking for will have extensive work experience with PHP and a proven track record of developing Moodle and/or Totara plugins. Successful candidates will be ready to leap into action.
At Remote Learner, we use the agile development methodology and work extensively with the Open Source Moodle and Totara Learning Management Systems (LMS). We are enthusiastic about Open Source and are looking for a developer who enjoys contributing to projects using open source technologies.
Your primary responsibility will be building new Moodle and Totara plugins, as well as maintaining, fixing, and extending existing Remote-Learner software projects. You will be working out of your own home office as part of a small, friendly, agile, team of professional developers distributed across North America. In addition to developing software, you will occasionally be working with clients to resolve technical issues and provide technical insight for project scoping, so an enthusiastic approach to customer interactions would be an asset for this role.
• Moodle and Totara Development
• SQL (MySQL / MariaDB)
• Linux / UNIX
• Contributions to Open Source project(s)
● Experience with Moodle and Totara required
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related fields required
● Minimum of 6-10 years of professional experience in software development
● Minimum of 2 years experience developing specifically for Moodle or Totara.
● Proficient with multiple computer operating systems – UNIX/Linux and Windows
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Demonstrated capability to manage multiple priorities
● Ability to learn new technology applications
This is a remote based position. Applicants must reside in Canada or the United States.
Remote-Learner is an equal opportunity employer.PLEASE APPLY USING THE LINK BELOW - DO NOT EMAIL HR!