Moodle in English

Posts made in Moodle in English

Moodle in English -> General help Windows server: Moodle Performance Issues

by James Poulos -

We have fairly recently migrated to Moodle 2.2 and since then, the server has struggled to cope when there is more than 40 - 50 users logged in at once. I have used many of the suggestions in the performance documents on this site, which have helped a little, but I still feel there is a bottleneck somewhere. The server itself does not seem to be struggling at all. (Specs below)

Using Firebug (Firefox Plugin), the pluginfile.php loading of avatar thumbnails seems very slow, with an over 1 sec wait for each pic.

Any suggestions as to how to further diagnose and sort this would be appreciated.

Server Config:

Windows 2008 SP2, 2 x Xeon E5520 processore, 12 GB Ram.

Moodle 2.2.1

PHP 5.3.10 (just upgraded this to see if it helps) (WinCache enabled)

MySQL 5.1.37

Thanks,

James

Average of ratings: -

Moodle in English -> General help (Moodle 2.1.1+) Can't delete, rename or move file in a folder -> Re: (Moodle 2.1.1+) Can't delete, rename or move file in a folder

by James Poulos -

Hi Wenceslao,

Can you please confirm if upgrading to 2.1.2+ fixed the issue on your main site?

I am having this exact issue. am about to upgrade in the next week or 2 anyway, but would like to confirm that it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

James

Moodle in English -> General help Mission impossible? courses for guest users and courses for authenticated users only -> Re: Mission impossible? courses for guest users and courses for authenticated users only

by James Poulos -

Hi Susana,

I just came upon your post looking to do the same thing. I think I have managed it by doing the following:

* Allowing guest access to courses requiring public access

* Adding a role override to courses requiring authenticated users. I just added the View Courses permission to Allow in the override on that course to the Authenticated Users role. It seems to allow authenticated users in to the course without enrolling, but does not allow guests in. (assuming allow guest access in off)

Hope that helps,

James

Moodle in English -> Quiz Problem viewing older tests -> Re: Problem viewing older tests

by James Poulos -

Just did a clean install of moodle 1.5.2 lastest, and created 1 course and a 1 question quiz and I still get the same error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: in E:\InetPub\wwwroot\moodle2\lib\pagelib.php on line 67

It seems to me to be a ISA server 2004 issue with the moodle www address. Somehow it is picking the real (with port number) address up from somewhere instead of the address in the address bar (without port number).

Any clues as to where this would come from?

The other behaviour I have found is that some of the navigation menu items also show this port number, but only if you are more than 2 levels into an area.

I hope I have made sense here.

Thanks,

James