Version 1.1 has the following features:

• Flash interface
  • Record at 44kHz bit rate
  • Multiple file uploads to the Gradebook
  • Integration with Moodle's audio playback facility
  • Set local default path for saving MP3 files
  • Set max time of recordings
  • Enable/disable deletion of uploaded files
  • Set number of files that can be uploaded (up to 10)
  • Support for Moodle 1.8 XML DB installation

Module Info: http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=616
Download at: http://disseminator.nottingham.ac.uk/ar/

(No Firefox version as yet - Sorry!)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Quang-Nghi Luong

Re: Audio Recorder 1.1 Module

by Joseph Mills -

Quang

We are using moodle 1.8.2 and mssql as our database and audio recorder 1.1 installed great and the students can upload files the problem occurs when the tutor checks the submissions nothing is displayed.

by Enrique Robredo -
I'm in Moodle 1.9x and I can't to delete the activity... it reappears 
In reply to Enrique Robredo

by Quang-Nghi Luong -
Sorry, this is a bug but we fixed it in the 07-May08 version.
In reply to Enrique Robredo

Delete Audio Recorder Activity

by Vicki Dunnam -
I cannot delete the audio recorder activity either.  Has anyone found a solution?  It works fine on my end but we wanted to delete the activity but we cannot. 

by Pedro Crispim -
Quang-Nghi Luong:

I am doing a fresh install of Moodle 1.9.2+ (from this week). I use the Portuguese (Portugal) language.
When I try to install your Module, I no longer can access the Admin main page, i.e. 'Notification' (it shows a blank page).
But, if I change my default language to English, than I can access the
'Notification' page.

In another Moodle site, I was using an older version of AudioRecorder with Moodle 1.8.2+. I upgraded the Moodle instalation to 1.9.2+ and AudioRecorder continues to work and I can access the
'Notification' page, even using the portuguese language.

So, I decided to bring the AudioRecorder Module that was working in the upgraded Moodle, but it has exactly the same symptoms as the new one - I cannot access the
'Notification' page using the portuguese language.

Any idea of what might be happening? Thank you so much for this module and for taking time to read my post
In reply to Pedro Crispim

by Pedro Crispim -
Hello...

I'm replying to myself just to say that I found the problem - it was a security problem with Linux (suhosin) that was thinking this was an "attack".
I disabled it and all is fine now.

Still, I don't know why accessing it using english was not considered an attack and accessing in portuguese was...

by Christian Bokhove -

We use this module with the datadir being a network disk. AR however, being used by several students, gives audiofiles the same audio1, audio2 names by default. Is there a way to make unique file names, e.g. by adding the loginname plus an id, e.q.

audio_bokhove_1

audio_bokhove_2

by andy choo -
Wonderful Module!

Installed and used, but faced an issue on the security of some school systems.
The module required students to save the files onto local drive which due to security reasons, are prevented.

Thus, it will be good if the files can be saved directly onto the Moodle Server, probably at the portfolio or the student's folders to bypass the security issue.

Andy

by Aaron Campbell -
Hi....nice plugin! I was wondering if there were any way to embed this recorder into a Moodle quiz activity, in order to try and simulate a TOEFL ibt speaking exercise?

Any ideas on that?

Cheers,

Aaron
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aaron Campbell

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Aaron,

I notice that the last previous posting about Audiorecorder 1.1 is October 2008, and the last code update was May 2008, and according to the documentation, it has been abandonned by the developers, offering it to anyone to take over.

But if you have just tried it and it works on the current 1.9.7 version of Moodle, I would be very excited to hear your experience. As far as I know, the only successful embedding of a recorder in the Quiz module was NanoGong. But I have no direct experience using it. Jeff Stanford gives a good explanation of installing and using NanoGong for language teaching in his new book on second language teaching. I recently critiqued his chapter on recording here.

Cheers,
Don
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Aaron Campbell -
Hi Don...

Thanks so much for your helpful reply. I didn't even know about Nanogong, but after reading your review and checking out the plugin site, I think I'll give that a try instead of Audiorecorder.

If I get the whole thing up and running, I'll be sure to write up what I did and how we implemented it in the classroom.

Cheers,

Aaron

In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Heather P -
Hi
I've just tried to put it on a 1.9.5 and can't seem to make it work either. Does it work in 1.9.5?