GSOC: Automatic Accesibility Checking

GSOC: Automatic Accesibility Checking

by David Horat -
Number of replies: 9
This is the main thread for the Automatic Accesibility Checking project. Feel free to ask here.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Horat

Re: GSOC: Automatic Accesibility Checking

by Isuru Buddhika Dissanayake -
Hi ,
I'm a student following National Diploma in Technology(Electrical Engineering) in University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Currently i'm at the First year . I have a fair knowledge in PHP, JavaScript and MySQL. I'm applying for Google Summer of Code this time. We are using Moodle within our University for Managing courses. Therefore I would like to contribute to this project.

Regards
Isuru
In reply to David Horat

by Iyad Doush -
Hi,

I'm a Ph.D. student in computer science at New Mexico State University/USA. I'm interested to work in this project because it is related to my research interest in web accessibility. I have a good knowledge in PHP,MYSQL and JavaScript. I already started studying Moodle development documentation.
What you suggest also that I have to do in order to work best with this project?

Iyad
In reply to Iyad Doush

by David Horat -
- Create a planning (tasks, timing, etc.)
- Post and share your ideas
- Design it
- Implement it
In reply to David Horat

by Ger Tielemans -

Teachers wish quick views. They do not have time to study all the logs of all their students, so they wish things like:

• show we a diagram for my course and take the x-dimension as the baseline for my course overview (or the last two weeks) with students along the y-dimension and their summarized visits to acitivities/resources in the cells
  • allow me to filter away in this view activities/resources by type by buttons under the diagram
  • allow me also to choose the view of only one type of activities (like forum activity) for example in second row of show-only-buttons 

You could take the gismo manual on sourceforge as inspiration for several views

In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Ger Tielemans -
After reading the GSOC start text I see that it a complete different view then I had, reading only the forum.
In reply to David Horat

by David Knight -
An Idea for this that I had was to have the button send a request for validation (maybe ajax) then return the results of the validation in a simple small GUI, from there the user could click a link which would take them to the full log of the errors and warnings. If the result is valid, alert the user that it is so.

Sample mock-up
not_valid.png

What do you guys think of this idea?
In reply to David Knight

by David Horat -
I like it very much. I take this small GUI will be shown upon the current page using AJAX. The good thing about this is that it can be easily reused for other projects. +1 smile
In reply to David Horat

by David Knight -
Glad you like it! Yes it could be shown on the current page that the user is viewing. I need to make a few changes to it though, it was just something rough I put together.