How do i remove the "exit activity" link?

How do i remove the "exit activity" link?

by Gareth Edwards -
Number of replies: 7

I have a Scorm module created in authorware that works perfectly within moodle so long as the user exits the piece using the exit button built in to the piece itself. If the user exits the piece using the "exit activity" link on the right side of the breadcrumbs the send data function within the piece will not run and no tracking data will be sent.

Is there anyone out there that is aware of a method for removing the "exit activity" link?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth Edwards

Ang: How do i remove the "exit activity" link?

by Ole Frank Jensen -
I would like to know this too!

Anyone with experiences in avoiding that their users had to press the exit activity button????
In reply to Gareth Edwards

Re: How do i remove the "exit activity" link?

by Ron Meske -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
We have come across this type of issue with even Commercial LMS applications. How we typically work around it is to recommend having the SCORM course launch in a separate window instead of having it embedded. Though not a perfect fix, it does reduce the temptation of users clicking on "Exit activity" or it's equivilent as it is behind the course window, and instead use the courses exit button.

Another technique you can use to help prevent the loss of data is to slightly modify the code for your course and add the event onBeforeUnload to save the data. An example of how to use this event is here: http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/diner/beforeunload/bunload4.html

Hope that helps.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ron Meske

Ang: Re: How do i remove the "exit activity" link?

by Ole Frank Jensen -
Thanks for the replies smile

I want to remove the "Exit Activity" button because I don't think it's very user friendly. Most users think that they already exited the course when they have looked at all the pages... So they forget to click that extra button - and the attempt and SCORM data isn't saved in Moodle.

Furthermore, I think there was some issues when showing the SCORM in a Popup window. That's why I want it shown inside Moodle. I can't remember the issues though (just came back from vacation - doh!!)

Isn't there a way to avoid the button?!?
In reply to Ron Meske

by Matthew Bibby -
Hi Ron,

Can you please let me know how to have a SCORM course launch in a separate window? I am creating the content in Captivate CS4 and cannot figure out what Moodle settings to use to have in launch in a seperate window?

Thanks,

Matt
In reply to Matthew Bibby

by Ron Meske -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Matthew,

When editing the SCORM activity select the Show Advance options. This will allow you to select how to Display the package, either New Window or current window.

Ron