Will "MetaData" be added at a later time.

Will "MetaData" be added at a later time.

by W Page -
Number of replies: 2
Hello!

I noticed that the metatdata area of "
MoodleWiki" is empty. I could not locate an area where it was to be placed so I visited ErfurtWiki which is the prototype for MoodleWiki and saw the text box for metadata just below the main text box on "Edit This Page" in ErfurtWiki. This is missing in MoodleWiki.

Are there plans to inclue this in
MoodleWiki??

Given that XML is expected to be incorporated in future Moodles I would think collecting metadata even for Wikis would be important. Also, it appears some Moodlers want a more comprehensive and indept site search engine. Collecting metadata for Wikis should also be helpful here in obtaining better site search results.

What are other folks feelings about this.

WP1
Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Page

Re: Will "MetaData" be added at a later time.

by Ger Tielemans -

A Wiki page has an open structure, so after you inserted some metadata, the next guy  replaces the complete content.. Only on the moments where you fixate the structure it makes sense:

• Outside the Wiki you can give a start set of pages a metadata label:purpose ofuse
  • As soon as you can export a Wiki set, you could give it a describing label: topics covered.
  • The wiki itself is searchable text in a expaining context, so why metalabel it? 

In reply to Ger Tielemans

Re: Will "MetaData" be added at a later time.

by W Page -
Hi Ger!

I think this should be done for searching purposes. At least the Teacher or Wiki Initiator should be able to determine the Keywords for the initial Wiki and/or the Student. Again I am for the teacher being able to make this determination (Student or only Teacher input for Keywords). Keywords should be able to be adjusted later if necessary and reflected in the "Page Information" by whoever is given access to do this. The discussion on the Wiki page(s) can go in any intended and needed direction, but there should be someway to formally classify or describe them as well. Also, I am keeping in mind that Moodle is heading toward an XML road and metadata will probably play a role in a future comprehensive site search engine. At least that is my feeling about it.

Anybody else have thoughts on this matter??

WP1