Export selected Glossary entries to file

Export selected Glossary entries to file

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi everybody!

In a glossary, it is possible to display a selection of articles belonging to a category; or in alphabetic order by selecting all articles beginning by one letter; or using the Search or Search full text facility. Then, from the display screen, one can click on the Printer icon to print the selected articles.

One would expect the same to be true for the Export entries facility. Unfortunately, whichever selected articles are displayed on the Glossary page, Export entries will always export ALL entries from the current Glossary!

I am attaching PATCH files against current version 1.8.3 for mod/glossary export.php, exportfile.php, lib.php and view.php. These patches enable the user to do all kind of selection of articles and to export to file only those articles which have been selected and are displayed.

It goes even further than the Print facility, as articles selected and displayed through either the Search or Search full text facility can be exported to file.

This new facility can be tested on my moodle test site: http://rezeau.info/moodle. Log in as teacher1, password teacher1, go to the Questionnaire module Demo course and experiment with My Test Glossary.

If there is enough interest in this little hack I hope the Glossary maintainer will accept to commit it to current Glossary files in moodle regular distribution. Please vote for MDL-12653.

Joseph

PS- Attached zip file contains both complete hacked files and patches. Please use with care, on a test site and report any problems here.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Export selected Glossary entries to file

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Bump! ... and a Happy New Year to all Glossary users. There has been little interest in my proposed hack, with a grand total of 1 voter (thanks, Matt) from the Using Moodle forums (all the other voters are from the French speaking forums).

If you feel my proposal might be useful to you or others, please vote for MDL-12653.

Joseph